For those of you who have had their preorders cancelled.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikeydeezy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I went into a At&t store on your behalf and asked what could be the reason for preorders to be canceled. The rep informed me that safety deposits are a sure way to lose your Preorder since deposit cannot be processed online. So for anyone who has lost their preorders please verify with ATT that you aren't paying one.

*hopes we all get iPhone 4's on 6/24*

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

You should not have to put down a deposit if you already have an account. This has happened to those people as well.

3. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

If someone added an additional line they may have to pay a security deposit.

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I know that. However, that is not what is necessarily being said here.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If your order was cancelled it was because ATT's computers are screwed. I only upgraded and got my order cancelled only to find out from the local store that the cancelled email was an error and my order was really good.

To verify your order is good go to: https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status.jsp?vMethod=&vNumber=&ZipCode=

Even the stores were getting one error message after another! I know the manager and she was near in tears as ATT could not handle the workload and were up and down.

6. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

Thanks for that link. I've bookmarked it. My order appears as "In Progress" on that page, although I haven't received a confirmation email. I believe the Order Number is sufficient.

Plus, to be honest, if there's an error or I have to go to the AT&T store, etc., it's not a great big deal to me. I have greater issues to worry about this year.