For those of you who have sold their iPhones on Ebay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, May 13, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

I have jailbroken my iphone, but it is still locked under ATT, before I sell it on ebay should I unlock it to attract people who are afraid to unlock...or do you think it is more wise to restore the phone to default settings?

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I think the market yields a higher price for unlocked iphones.

3. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

So I can just unlock it, pop out my sim, and when they put their sim in, it'll all be good?

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

yep

5. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

I gave an option of having it unlocked in the description, so I can get both the "parents" who dont want to get something fishy, and the tech noobs, who dont know how to unlock but want to.

6. pr5owner macrumors 65816

why would an unlocked iphone be higher in price compared to a locked iphone when unlocking is FREE from multiple groups and programs?

or are the buyers too ignorant to do a google search?

7. zmit macrumors regular

yes.... there is a HUGE proportion of ignorant buyers. (or potential buyers)
    seriously, a guy i know here in Australia bought a second hand iphone, unlocked, in kinda crappy condition for AUD$550 ..... the exact price i bought mine for IMPORTED from the US brand new and locked. and we all know that it only takes about 10 minutes to unlock an iPhone...

just leave them be. if they are ignorant, thats their loss, but its great for us that WANT to sell our iphones

8. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

I just have one question with unlocking -

so you get a second hand one pop in your new sim but what about the registration you have to go through on itunes?

I would obviously still want to sink this with another itunes account (I am hoping to do this for my sister)

thanks for your help with this in advance

d:apple: