for those of you who leave your macbook in sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Beowulf666, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

Just wondering, do you leave it attached to the power cord or do you remove it? I'm new to mac's and i'm starting to leave my mac on sleep over night because apparently its better, but i'm just not sure as to if i should leave it attached to the power cord. Thanks ^_^.

2. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

I leave mine plugged in overnight on sleep mode so that I have 100% for the next day at work - in sleep mode all day.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I don't often let my computer sleep overnight (as I use the night to transfer things from by TiVo and to use Limewire). But when I do, I leave it plugged is as to prevent the battery from being drained (an therefore wasted).

TEG

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Mine's plugged in when at home (I use it in clamshell mode, anyway, it required being connected to a/c).

As far as using or not using the battery, it uses very little power during sleep, so it really doesn't matter much over night. But, if you leave it plugged in, it'll have a full charge when you need it.

5. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

It is always better for any laptop to stay connected to its power supply as often as convenience permits, whether it's asleep or awake.

6. mbrydone macrumors regular

leave it plugged in...even though its in sleep, it is still using power...no need to unnessecarily drain your computer of power

7. priller macrumors regular

8. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Plugged in. If you leave it unplugged, it will (very slowly) unnecessarily drain the batter down when it could just be running off the mains instead...

9. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Unless there's a good reason for me to leave my laptop in sleep mode all night, I always turn it off. It only takes five seconds to power down and only 12 seconds to power up. I like to give my baby some rest :) But, I usually have it plugged in unless I need it mobile.

10. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I leave mine on 24 hours a day. But if, for whatever reason, I were to put it to sleep overnight, I'd keep it plugged.

11. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

I leave it however it was when I stopped using it. If it was plugged in, I leave it plugged in. If it is sitting in my bag and already has a good charge, then I'll just leave it there.

12. galebird macrumors newbie

I feel like I am in the marked minority here now :) but because of the way my room is currently set up the spot I store my macbook in overnight keeps it out of reach of the powercord so if I leave it sleeping I leave it sleeping without being connected to the powersource. I plug it back in in the morning or whenever I pick it up the next day.

13. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I don't usually turn off my computer unless I am in transit for over 5 hours. I usually leave it to sleep at night on my desk, and I do have it plugged in the AC power.

14. mojopixel macrumors 6502

mojopixel

I unplug my MacBook if I don't need it, but only if it is fully charged