For those of you who use GPS in a car

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Aug 6, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Ever since I purchased the Navigon GPS application for my iPhone, I find myself leaving it on the "Show Map" screen for it's very helpful speed limit warnings, and upcoming roads, whether I need "navigation" or not. I have a little car mount with a charger/headphone adapter thingy. So battery life is not an issue for me when driving with the map screen on. So what I do is I start a song on the iPod, then start up Navigon GPS, and have the speed warnings as well as the turn by turn route directions (when I need them) come on over the music.

Does anyone else do this with their GPS? (Whether its iPhone, Garmin, TomTom, etc). I feel like I am the only one, haha, but hey, It also makes the car feel more high tech too (especially with speed limit warnings, as well as the route directions coming over the speaker for the car, rather than the one in the iPhone).

2. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

Definitely, the speed camera warnings have saved me from many fines.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I use mine only when I need it to find my destination. We don't have speed cameras around here, and I know the speed limits and drive reasonably.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have a Garmin, and since my cigarette lighter turns on and off with the ignition (turning the GPS on and off with the car as well), and since my GPS automatically goes to the map screen when turned on, it's always on the map even if I'm not using it.