For those of you who use the Moshi ClearGuard...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hotbod13, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hotbod13 macrumors newbie

For those of you use the Moshi Clearguard, do you guys use the cover all the time or only when you feel that your hands are a little dirty? Also, do you keep it on when the lid is closed? Thanks!

2. Ifti macrumors 68000

Only just ordered mine and haven't received it yet, but it seems thin enough to leave on even when the lid is closed.
    I intend to always use mine to stop the keys getting glossy. My hand are usually always clean regardless!

3. gc916 macrumors regular

gc916

I leave mine on all the time. It does not interfere with closing the lid.

4. oxfordguy macrumors 6502a

I try to use it all the time when typing, the only problem is I also use a Radtech ScreenCleanz cloth to stop the keys marking the screen when the MBA is closed, but I can't close the MBA fully using both, so I have to remove the Moshi Clearguard first, which is slightly annoying.

Also, I've only had my Moshi Cleaguard a week or so, but its already starting to look cloudy/dirty and from what I've read is not so easy to get it looking clear again, which is a shame. I'll still carry on using it, though, better than having shiny/worn keys...

5. Ves macrumors member

Ves

I have the same experience as oxfordguy. But you can leave them on, just remember to wipe your screen after a while.

6. Ifti macrumors 68000

Been using mine for a few days now. Doesn't touch the screen and have no marks etc on the screen at all.

7. skorpien macrumors 68020

I have an aluminum MacBook (before it became the pro) and use both the Moshi and the RadTech microfiber cloth. I keep the Moshi on all the time even when I use the cloth when I close the MB. It doesn't close fully but it's not enough to be an issue. Easier than having to remove the Moshi when I'm done using my computer.

Also, yes my Moshi is cloudy as all heck. But considering I'm a touch typist (don't need to see the keys that much) I don't mind the cloudiness at all.