For those of you wonderign about Sprint unlimited plans...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arcsylver, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Arcsylver macrumors member

I have been with Sprint for going on 8 years now give or take and I have been very pleased with them. Yes the speed on the 3 G depending on where you are is slow compared to AT&T and similar (direct side by side comparison in various cell phone stores using the speedtest.net apps) but it has always had signal for me except when deep inside large buildings.

Sprint offers unlimited data for the all smart phones as of right now and has committed to it for the iPhone. They have cancelled the sprint premier program and other programs to keep unlimited data. Which has ruffled a few feathers for current users who liked getting the once a year phone upgrades and such premier allowed.

Sprint states they charge an extra $10 dollars a month for smartphones on any plan. This means the $69.99 plan is actually $79.99 plus applicable taxes. However with my current plan it works out like this. (I have had my plan since before they instigated this new $10 dollar surcharge)

I have the everything data plan which gives me this on my LG Optimus S:
    450 anytime minutes
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Texting
    Free Roaming
    450 anytime minutes
    video mail
    sprint tv
    free telenav GPS
    free nights and weekends starting at 7pm (for calling land lines)
    free mobile to mobile to any mobile phone in the US.
    voicemail etc.

for this I pay the following:
    Everything Daya Plan $69.99
    Total Equipment protection $4 insurance premium/ $4 service/repair
    Spending limit program charge $4.99
    Sprint surcharges $6.49
    Government Taxes and Fees $7.55

For a total of $97.02

You can safely drop the 8 dollars a month for the equipment protection plan if you get the new applecare of course.

Hope this breakdown of my plan helps everyone out there thinking of switching to Sprint.

2. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

Not to be too nosy, but what is this? I do not have it with my Sprint plan. Also, if you are a member of a credit union you can get 10% discount (basically nullifies the $10 smartphone surcharge). Sprint has quite a few discounts outside of this as well, but only one can be applied.

3. Arcsylver thread starter macrumors member

This is a fee they charge for a spending limit on the account. I.E. I can let my bill slide for a month or so before I hit the $150 dollar spending limit on my account. Basically it is something they do with people who have less than stellar credit as an insurance that they don't run up a ridiculous bill then bolt on them.

And they charge a fee for the "privilege".

4. btrav13 macrumors 6502

IF you end up with an Spending Limit account based on your credit you can avoid the $4.99/month fee by signing up for AUTOMATIC BILL PAYMENT through your checking account.

If you sign up, the fee goes away. Just a helpful FYI.

5. KTF macrumors regular

KTF

Thank You For The Inf.

6. strobeable macrumors newbie

strobeable

does it have to be a checking account or can i pay with a CC already on file?