Been seeing quite a few posts here and elsewhere on people trying to decide between buying a MBP now, or waiting for the Ivy Bridge 2012 MBPs, which may or may not be redesigned, may or may not be retina display, may/may not drop the ODD etc etc. I'm in the same boat -- running a late 2006 17" MBP w/ ATI X1600 (which, btw, is being dropped from ML 10.8). I'd love to have a retina display, could care less about having an ODD and think an MBA-inspired MBP would be great as long as it keeps the battery life and discrete GPU. Sounds like Ivy Bridge shipments have been delayed and we may not be seeing new MBPs until WWDC. And I'm fed up with waiting. Macmall has deep discounts on the early 2011s, and they just dropped in price *again* (just received a new email from them). An early 2011 17" 2.2 glossy is going for $1814 by using that other rumor site's promo discount. The early 2011 17" 2.3 matte is $2033. A brand new 17" just a hair over $1800 is pretty hard to pass up. Looks like I'm ordering an early 2011 17" this Wednesday.