for those that dont qualify for upgrade - if not for the price would you upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brvheart, Jun 8, 2009.

1. brvheart macrumors 6502

So I am not going to pay $699 for the 32GB - I dont qualify for the upgrade - so my question to you -

Would you if it was $299 or $399? I would just to get the extra capacity - not for any of the other "features"

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Meh, probably not. The faster processor and extra storage capacity aren't enough of an incentive for me...my 3G is plenty fast and I still haven't filled my 16 GB. I'm sure I could if I tried but if I'm going to go that route, and carry around *all* my media, then I'd still need more than even 32 GB. So for now, 16 GB is enough for me to keep all of my favorite songs and videos with me.

As for the other features, a compass and official video recording support aren't really doing it for me either. After all, my 3G has been recording video since I got it last December. :D Mind you, if I hadn't purchased my iPhone last December and was going to buy my first one on the 17th, I'd be thrilled to be getting these features, since they're all really cool. But, just not worth $300 to me! :eek:

3. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

If it wasn't so damn expensive to upgrade early I would definitely buy it but AT&T just screwed themselves over. I'm not upgrading.

4. marine610610 macrumors regular

With 3.0 coming out its almost like getting a new phone for free...im not coughing up a dime for a better camera, a compass, and support for a network that hasn't even been rolled out yet.

5. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

AT&T makes very little off the iPhone. Actually, I'm not sure that they make much of anything if you buy it from an Apple Store. They actually take a loss on the hardware to get you on contract, so if you're already on contract how are they screwing themselves over?

They'd be screwing themselves over more by allowing you to upgrade for $199 or $299, because then they're cutting their return from subsidizing your 3G in half.

I know it sucks as a 3G owner, but I find it really difficult to believe that this many people don't understand why $600 phones are sold for $200.

6. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I thought the new hardware was interesting and evolutionary. I don't feel that I need to buy a new phone at a non-subsidized price to get one, though. But if I still had my original first generation iPhone, I'd be all over it. Maybe that's what Apple is aiming for. Inspire the original buyers to go another round, without making current 3G owners regret having that.

7. rfrankl macrumors 6502

I have never been a capacity junkie...I never fill up my desktop or iphone hardrives, but I would upgrade based on the other features.

As for AT&T screwing themselves, as much as I want one, I understand I already got a subsidized phone so I have to wait 2 years. Why others never understand that and its somebody else fault I don't get.