For those that own a rMBP, how is the viewing angle and color?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Evev12, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Evev12 macrumors regular

All this burn in issue is making my head spin and I think we're all just about nauseous from it, so I don't wanna beat a dead horse. I actually DO have slight to medium IR though to preface...my comp failed the test, but if the genius wasn't doing me a favor (which he probably wasn't cause I was pretty tired and came off a little like a d""k at first)...then I must say it's a VERY forgiving test, cause my IR is really not that bad at all. My only concern is that it will get worse - these posts have made me more concerned than I prob should be. Anyhow, for those of you that own (or have owned both)...viewing angle is very important to me along with color accuracy - How is yours? Which screen do you have? Keep in mind...Apple does actually tend to set all their screens very blue. Has anyone tried calibrating (with an xrite, etc)? Did it help?

2. snoylekim macrumors member

LG screen ..no IR here after one month of ownership ..

There is a calibration thread in the forum where I and some others have posted calibration results ( Xbrite, etc) with various calibration software packages ..conclusion seems to be you can get close to a reference calibration on either the Samsung or LG going for either SRGB or L* ... this display/graphics adaptor combination calibrates very nicely .

Check the thread out .. I don't have the link handy ..