For those trading in at radio shack or best buy...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rooftop voter, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I am wondering if you have to send them your phone before hand, or if you can just trade when your picking up the phone? I was under the impression you had to send it in, but others have made it sound as you could just trade in when picking up the new phone. I'm gonna try and sell it on craigs list if I can, and if not, I may just trade it in.

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

With best buy if you bought your iPhone from best buy you can do an in person trade in. If you bought the iPhone anywhere else it has to be done online which means sending your phone to them and waiting 1-2 weeks to get a giftcard.

Radioshack is going to allow in person trade in's for an iPhone bought anywhere. A 3G is guaranteed $100 and a 3GS is guaranteed $200. It must be in good working condition, no water damage, and no cracked screens.

If you do a pre order at either of these stores you have to buy a $50 giftcard as a deposit which then is applied to the price of the phone when it does get to the store.

3. Rooftop voter thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info. Kinda sucks I can't just walk in but whatever. I am still paying off a surround sound system there, does anyone know if I can use that gift card toward my bill?