For those waiting on AT&T LTE in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mnsportsgeek, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

2. AppleFan115 macrumors regular

That's good news. Does anyone get HSDPA+ in Minneapolis. I would be okay with that until LTE comes out otherwise Verizon looks better.

3. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

thanks. Hopefully it gets here for the new phone. I prolly won't buy it till they have the LTE up around here.

4. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

My iPad will be happy to hear this. :p

----------

I get HSPA+ in Minneapolis.

5. AppleFan115 macrumors regular

Sweet. I'll get AT&T then. I hate Verizon's new shared plan since I am the only one on my plan. My main thing is data, and I would be paying $90 for 1 gb of data on Verizon while $90 on AT&T would get me 5gb + hotspot after my FAN discount.

6. billhelm macrumors regular

I'm picking LTE up this morning at my office at 394 and 169 in St Louis Park. Starting to roll out perhaps? I'm only getting one bar at present.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Still only HSPA+ here at my office on 55/169 in Plymouth. Anxious for a complete rollout.

8. germanguy macrumors regular

HSPA+ on AT&T in Minneapolis is a joke. On average I get 800K to 1.3 MB/s. On rare occasions 3MB/s. T-Mobile HSPA+ in Minneapolis is usually around 10 MB/s.

9. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

But just west over in the slp, plymouth area I get up to 12 down, average about 8, however.

10. germanguy macrumors regular

I am in SLP right now. Download 1st try 1.2 MB/S, 2nd try 600 KB/s. How are you getting those numbers? The phone says "4G" which equals HSP + I believe

11. AppleFan115 macrumors regular

I'm very surprised that AT&T hasn't given Minneapolis LTE yet and has given it to other cities which don't seem to be as much of a priority as Minneapolis. This is a pretty big city with so many huge corporations downtown. They could get a bucket load of money. Apparently some who have contacted AT&T were told it would be up before the end of the year. We'll see.

12. billhelm macrumors regular

I think it's rolling out or they are testing it. I was also able to faintly pick up one bar at my house in south Minneapolis last night in addition to my office in SLP. It goes in and out though. iPad clearly says LTE and speeds are faster (even with just one bar).

13. dajazz macrumors member

I've got it right now in NE Mpls, just across the bridge from downtown. Speeds are about 15mb/s according to Speedtest (just 1 bar). I dd not have it earlier in the day at work in downtown Mpls.

14. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Taken just a few minutes ago near cedar lake area. HSPA+. Have not yet picked up any LTE signal.

15. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

16. billhelm macrumors regular

I was picking up 3 bars at the state fair grounds the other day. They are clearly testing it, but it's not strong anywhere I've been.

17. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

18. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Story indicates by the end of the year. Hopefully it will be available long before then. I remember this spring when an at&t store manager said it would be available by July...

19. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

It looks like they announced a TON of new markets to gain LTE access by the end of the year. Their 4G coverage map was updated today on att.com. I'm assuming since several people our reporting an LTE signal is some parts of the city that our rollout is one of the next ones to be rolled out. I would not be surprised to see it by the end of the month. However this is the devil of all cell phone companies so I would also not be surprised to see us waiting till February 2013.

I feel bad for Wisconsin though. ATT announced Green Bay as their first LTE site in that state. Really? Not Madison or Milwaukee? Bummer for them.

20. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

21. dajazz macrumors member

I'm picking up LTE in downtown Minneapolis now (just 1 bar), last month I'd only get '4G' in downtown though across the river in NE I'd get LTE.