For those who have installed the ZAGG Maximum Skin on their iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dborja, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dborja macrumors 6502a

How is it working out? Any problems installing? Is it holding well?

I plan to install the back and side skin but use something like a Power Support film in front so that the look and feel of the screen is not altered too much.

TIA

2. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

I'd like to know this as well. Is Zagg IS still the best "skin" for the iPhone? I had one on my 3G and it was great at first until it started to peel off and lint collected around the edges... :mad:

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Once my iPhone comes in (should be really soon today), this is the first thing I'm doing right after activation.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

4. AJerman macrumors member

My full body shield got here yesterday, but I'm doing the simple full body which is really just front and back. Not doing the sides, but I plan on getting a bumper case anyway. But then, I don't get my phone until tomorrow.

I've used an invisibleSHIELD several times in the past on previous phones and iPods. Generally the sides don't work as well, they never seem to line up perfect, and they tend to peel a little over time and get dirty. That's why I'm sticking with just the front and back.

I wouldn't use anything other than invisibleSHIELD though. After having one on my iPod for about 4 years, it worked amazingly and when I took it off (after 4 years it was getting dirty), the iPod still looked brand new.

5. dborja thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! We won't get home for another eight hours so I won't get to try it until then. Meanwhile, I'd like to hear others' experiences.

6. dborja thread starter macrumors 6502a

I used it on my iPhone 2G and was happy with how it kept the body like new when I peeled it off to sell the phone. I did notice some yellowing and, yes, lint on the edges. For my 3G, I've been using a Power Support shell.

I have it installed on my iPad back and I'm happy with the grip and protection when I use it out of its case. I'm just wondering how well it works going 90 degrees from back to edge of the iPhone 4...