For those who have one, how do you guys like the new Trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vanimal, Apr 13, 2015.

1. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I was getting impatient with finding one and i was stuck between the 2015 MBPR and the MBR. Ultimately combined with the late shipping and my needs i decided i wanted the Retina Pro. I still am thinking about grabbing a MBR for the wife though. I also played with the MBR in store last Friday and thought the trackpad was nifty! And i actually prefer it over the old one!

I picked up my 2015 MBPR today and i absolutely love the trackpad. Haven't even tried all the new things yet. But just the clicking it is awesome. Hard to explain, i swear to myself its clicking down, but its not :eek: I showed the wife and she was certain it was clicking and said maybe it locks when the computer is off :cool:

You don't need to press as firm, just a natural gentle little touch gives you the click. :D. Anyone here finding it hard to adjust? For me it was MORE than a welcome change, i prefer it to the old. I mainly am not a tap to click guy, i like the physical click. And i like to swipe back and forth from pages. And the two finger smart zoom.

2. beniMTL macrumors newbie

The first time I tried the trackpad on the rMBP I was amazed at how cool it was and loved the forced click..

But I tried it again this weekend and actually changed my mind...I feel that even on the lowest setting, I had to press pretty hard for a click...I don't know it felt awkward...it's not a clicky feeling...I don't know what happen..but I didn't like it..

3. vanimal, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know what you mean, the MBPR comes shipped with "medium" click pressure. Feels good, now that you say that I'm going to try firm and light and see how they feel.

Edit: Just tried firm and light, they feel sorta the same but have a much louder click. On firm it almost sounds like click from the regular trackpad.

Light is super quiet and you "hardly" have to touch it, its odd lol.

Its really hard to explain to be honest lol.

I would also like to know for those who have it are you guys using Light, medium or firm track pad pressure. Medium seems like a good middle ground. Firm is noisy like the old. Light is stealth :)

4. jaydee24601 macrumors regular

It's pretty amazing, I think! I love it -- it's kind of like wizardry. Now, it's brand new to me, so we shall see...

5. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

It really is! Hours later I'm still holding it close to my face and making sure its not moving lmao!

Now these are obviously the same trackpads correct. I assume the pro has the "exact" same one and same size?