For those who have sold their iPhone online- Details on shipping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxshawnxx, Jun 23, 2009.

1. xxshawnxx macrumors member

Gonna sell my iPhone (including original box and accessories) online and trying to find out best way to price/account for the shipping. Did you guys use USPS/FedEx/UPS? What is the best shipping method in case an international bidder wins my listing?

Here are the options on the USPS site and not sure which one to use.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10380&M=2&P=1&O=0&sd=1

Thanks!!

2. nopassn macrumors regular

I sold mine on ebay... shipped UPS and insured for the amount of sale.

I never ship anything worth over $20 with USPS - cause their tracking is utter crap. With UPS (and FedEx) you know where you package is from the time it leaves your hands. None of that "the package was never delivered" BS from shady buyers to worry about either.

3. hsleiman macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure USPS offers signature confirmation... Also the 4.95 flat rate boxes are hard to beat.

4. entity macrumors regular

If you are using Paypal definitely use signature on delivery, that's the only way you can qualify for seller protection.

To make the auctions stand out I usually offer free USPS w/insurance.

5. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I've used Fedex lately because if their cool app that iTunes have. Plus they sella nice shipping box that is for electronics. That is foam paded and fits the iPhone box perfectly for $5.

6. dabigone macrumors regular

Sent mine UPS Ground from CA > FL w/ Signature Required for about $11. That was about the cheapest I could get. USPS priority w/ insurance and sig was almost $15.