*For those who have the new MacBook* Does the macbook ethernet look slightly bent?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ahrenba, Oct 16, 2008.

1. ahrenba macrumors member

Hey guys,

I just got the new MacBook.

When I looked in the ethernet port, the beginning of the pins look slightly bent. Not awkwardly bent, but just "pressed" against the bottom of the port.

So it starts out pressed against the bottom (flat) for the first couple mm, then goes diagonally upward like most ethernet ports do.

Can anyone with the new macbook, tell me what theirs looks like? Try looking at the port from an angle.

Attached Files:

2. ahrenba thread starter macrumors member

3. Milk*is*tasty macrumors member

Yeah, I've seen other reports of the same problem, it seems to be one of the few issues with the new MB's.

I think there's a thread with MB problems on the first page here somewhere, with reports of the same problem. If memory serves, the guy went back and exchanged it.

4. sfroom macrumors regular

But they're all uniformly bent. It looks intentional to me. Does the ethernet port work? If so, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

5. midnightvii macrumors member

It looks slightly bent as it should. When you insert Ethernet connection it will lock it nice and tight.

6. ahrenba thread starter macrumors member

Alright guys. I have an update.

The ethernet port has worked all along, I was just concerned.

HOWEVER, I just looked at my friend's HP laptop and it is bent in the same fashion. It looks to be intentional!

Whew. That's good to know!!

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Great! Just relax dude and enjoy your new Mac, don't look for problems to create, you'll drive yourself crazy. If it's working (as you just confirmed) then use it.

8. ahrenba thread starter macrumors member

Nice man! That's some good advice there. I'll take it! :):)

I am LOVING my first Mac. It's amazing so far!!!

9. Milk*is*tasty macrumors member