For those who have tried it. Would you reccommend installing mavericks at launch?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by whitedragon101, Sep 16, 2013.


If you have tried it would you recommend mavericks at launch or wait for bug fixes?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2013.
  1. wait

    14 vote(s)
  2. don't wait

    97 vote(s)
  1. whitedragon101 macrumors 65816

    Sep 11, 2008
    For those who have tried it. Would you recommend installing mavericks when it is launched (release version) or are there bugs we should wait to be fixed ?
  2. mmomega macrumors 68030


    Dec 30, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Personally, I would recommend it.

    I am really liking it, I've been running it on my new MBA and iMac since day one release of DP1 and it has only gotten better with each revision.

    I am waiting to install it on my Mac Mini Server only due to some small problems with OS X Server, once GM hits I'll most likely redo my server for Mavs.
  3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Dec 21, 2011
    Why don't we wait to see what bugs need to be fixed first? :confused: It's still in development.
  4. Leek macrumors newbie

    Sep 2, 2012
    If you're running 10.7 or 10.8, install it right away. If you're running 10.6.8, keep running 10.6.8 and hope that 10.10 won't still be based on this piece of garbage Lion fork in OS X history.
  5. djtech42 macrumors 65816


    Jun 23, 2012
    West Chester, OH
    If you're on Lion or Mountain Lion, by all means, get this installed as soon as possible! This is the most optimized operating system since Snow Leopard. Its gone through 8 developer previews (and there will probably be one more and then GM).
  6. M5RahuL macrumors 68030


    Aug 1, 2009
    Go for it 100% !!! :apple:
  7. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

    Nov 29, 2012
    My only "problem" with Mavericks is that it broke a ton of 3rd party software due to internal changes. As an OS it feels a lot more solid than Mountain Lion.

    So basically the wait/don't wait dilemma depends on which tweaks are still not working on launch.
  8. dBeats macrumors 6502a


    Jun 21, 2011
    Don't listen to the Snow Leopard naysayers. Mavericks is a great version so far. But keep in mind not all software will be compatible with it on day one. So check to be sure. MS Office is working fine in DP8 for me. DP7 almost broke PowerPoint, but they brought it back from the brink...
  9. MeUnix macrumors 6502

    Aug 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    I'd update when Mavericks is released. I have been working with Mavericks since DP1 and I've enjoyed it very much so far; it has only gotten better with each new developer preview. :D

    As far as some third party apps not working, give the developers of those apps time to update their program so that it works properly with Mavericks. Like another member said; check and see what programs you use regularly and see if they are optimized for Mavericks.
  10. Budiosx macrumors regular


    Jan 27, 2012
  11. Michael Goff macrumors G5

    Michael Goff

    Jul 5, 2012
    Even at this point, it's amazing.

    And the fact that they're still fixing bugs means there shouldn't be any reason to wait.
  12. MacMilligan macrumors 6502

    Aug 2, 2012
    I'll likely wait a few weeks to make sure all my programs are going to work properly on my Mac Pro. I'll upgrade immediately on my MacBook Pro to test the programs. Can't wait to using the tagging system.
  13. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    I always wait for the first point release like 10.9.1....just careful..
  14. talmy macrumors 601


    Oct 26, 2009
    I'd recommend making a full backup then installing at launch. If it doesn't work for you, restore and wait for 10.9.1.
  15. 50548 Guest

    Apr 17, 2005
    Currently in Switzerland
    What a difference from iOS 7 in terms of feedback - I will surely upgrade on day one for Mavericks...not so with iOS 7.
  16. Drew017 macrumors 65816


    May 29, 2011
    East coast, USA
    Yes. From the experience I had with it on my old MacBook Air, it seemed very stable and efficient. I probably will update on launch day, or soon after because even though it probably will have a few small bugs it should be worth it. IMO it's all the small changes that count :p
  17. madmacfan macrumors 6502

    Feb 19, 2012
    London, United Kingdom
    I'd normally wait a while after launch before upgrading as i did with ML. Having said that mavericks seems to be a fairly stable and robust os, so will play it by ear and see how others get on with the public release of mavs before taking the plunge myself.

Share This Page