For those who have upgraded to iOS4 and internet isn't working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by HBKid, Jun 27, 2010.

1. HBKid macrumors newbie

I also had this problem since I upgraded my 3GS on Thursday. I did a full restore from a backup, and my internet still wasn't working. Like others, my WiFi was working though. From information I gleaned, it's either corrupt APN settings, or I think in my case (I checked and my APN settings were blank), that updating it just deleted them altogether.

On your phone tap Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network.

If it's all blank like mine, you need to find out your carriers APN settings and input them. Restart the phone, and it should work.

2. notmymac macrumors member

Except if you are based in the US and have a locked phone...AT&T does not allow you to edit the APN settings..

At that point it is backup, sync, restore as new, then restore from backup or resync...

3. HBKid thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah. I'm from the UK so I didn't know that, but I'm sure this will help out some unfortunate people elsewhere. :)

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You can update the APN settings on a locked phone. You use Safari on Wifi from the phone and go to the following web site help.benm.at find the country and carrier you need "including ATT" download and install the apn settings.

5. draz macrumors 6502a

6. notmymac macrumors member

Meh..wish I was able to tell people that when they are calling...But can't as it is not an "official" Apple response....yet another helpful tip I can't pass along..but good to know..Thanks