For those who think the Hi-Res 15" MBP has small text

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slapple, Jan 7, 2012.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

I've had my hi-res 15" MBP with matte screen for over a week now, and I still haven't gotten used to the small text. I know I can zoom in to make text larger, but not all programs let you zoom in.

Just wondering if anyone has eventually gotten used to and comfortable with the small text?

2. simsaladimbamba

I have the 17" MBP, and it has almost the same ppi, and in the beginning, the small text in menu items was really bothering, but I got used to. There is only one application left, where it still is a bit hard to read the small text from too far away, and I sometimes have to use CTRL+ScrollWheel, but that is just a small nuisance compared to the wonderful resolution I get with it.
    I also had the 1440 x 900 pixel MBP before that, and that resolution was too small for me, especially coming from a 1280 x 800 MB. But as I already had (and still have) a 20" iMac, I could use that for bigger projects.

And I started with a 12" iBook with 1024 x 768 pixel, which is really ****ing small compared to nowadays resolutions.

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Yeah, too me a while on my 17'' MBP. Came from a 19'' desktop with 1280x1024, and went to 17'' with 1920x1200.

Now I wouldn't want a low res screen anymore.

4. bill-p macrumors 65816

As mentioned, it's something that one can get used to.

But personally, I find that I just want big texts... and though I can definitely read smaller texts (as small as 1920x1080 on a 13" screen), I choose not to. It causes my eyes to strain after long hours... so that's something I try to avoid as much as possible. I find 1440 x 900 on a 15.4" screen very comfortable.

5. chillfrilla macrumors member

high res screen is like normal to me

u must have issues with your eyes