For those who want to see a quick footprint between the MBR & 2015 MBPR

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vanimal, Apr 14, 2015.

1. vanimal, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

vanimal macrumors 6502a

I brought my 2015 MBPR today with me and wanted to show the wife the 2015 MBR to see if she wanted one. Ultimately for me I don't travel and a bigger guy with big hands it was too small for me. I really noticed that 1.3" screen real estate. Hopefully Apple puts out a 14" version :). Here's some quick dirty pics. I noticed the MBR didn't get get as bright as the 2015 MBPR. I had both on max brightness. Also seen some contrast difference.

Not sure how clear these are coming up, I'm doing it on my 6 plus. I'll fix it when I get home natively if need being. When I get home from the gym. I think you can just click on them for full resolution pictures :)

Attached Files:

2. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

thanks for this. I cannot wait to get them side by side.

4. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

No prob they are getting flipped odd ways I'm on my 6 plus. I'll fix them when I get home from the gym if they aren't clear as well.

Or save to your images and flip it in portrait on your device :)

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Wow! The rMBP absolutely dwarfs the rMB. Kind of makes me glad I am switching.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I don't even think the pictures do that justice. The size of the rMB is just stunning.

7. gugy macrumors 68030

Nice!
    I am between these two. Sure the MBP is more powerful and have the ports but I do like the size of the MB. Since most of my use will be mail, safari and watching media with an ocasional Photoshop work, I am really curious about the MB.

Thanks for the photos!

8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'll be making it to an Apple store on Thursday. But while I haven't seen the rMB in person, I'm looking at these photos and thinking...I've used the 13" rMBP on buses, trains, planes, beaches, and parks. How the hell did I do that?

I prefer a 13-inch screen, but from all the photos I've been looking at...the 12-inch seems like a fair trade-off/big enough, especially with the 16:10 ratio.

9. newellj macrumors 601

PDF, here's a possibly relevant anecdote. I immediately (as in starting this morning) replaced my 13" rMBP with the rMB as my work/commuting notebook. I feel like the slightly smaller screen is less likely to get snagged by other passengers, and I know that it's easier to get it open to a usable angle (not much room to open a computer before the lid hits the back of the seat in front).

A little more subjectively, it felt easier to keep stable on my thighs. You'd think the rMBP, being a little wider, would be easier, but for whatever reason it didn't feel that way.

TLDR - looks like it commutes better than my rMBP.

10. vanimal, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015

vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

It doesn't lol. I was telling that myself being I'm the one that took he pictures lol.

11. PDFierro macrumors 68040

That sounds good to me. I don't "commute" though.

12. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

13. animatedude macrumors 65816

we need pix comparison with the 11 inch macbook air!;)

14. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

Pictures don't tell the story

Thanks for the effort but the pictures here really don't tell the story. It is really a tactile one when you pick up both machines. It's the combo of size and weight.

What is pretty interesting to me is that I have both a 13"MBP (2014) and 13"MBA (2013) here side by side and the the MBP has the smaller footprint.

But when I held the MacBook in the store it was a featherweight. Weighs less than my iPad with Clamcase....

My MacBook has a more extended stay in Shanghai and then it visited the Cherry Blossoms in Japan. It seems to have hit US soil an hour or two ago. Should show up on the east coast tomorrow.

15. Wahlstrm macrumors 6502a

Wahlstrm

Really hope the new keys are nice to type on because the old ones look like ***** next to the new ones. :) But then I never really liked them to begin with, loved the silver ones and really like the look of the new ones.

16. newellj macrumors 601

Understood, but I think my train experiences might be relevant to your flying. ;)

17. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Yes, this is true!

18. vanimal, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Virtually the same size "footprint" wise. Dimensions other than thickness are almost spot on. I'm fairly certain double check that though :)

----------

True, I just grabbed them for the hell of it. And yes correct I've owned a MBA 13". The MBA has a larger footprint compared to my MBPR 2015. Very noticeable even when not comparing side by side.

Plus I already figured everyone knew it was a lot lighter and FAR more thinner without saying . I just wanted to show surface space for those who own a MBPR 13". Unforchunatley for me a bigger guy with big hands, surface space wise. The MBR is just simply too small..... Surface space on my 2015 MBPR is pushing it. My palms almost extend past the "wrist" rest while typing lol. Even the girl working seeing me type on the MBR said, that seems a bit too small for you lol. :)

I need a 14" in V2 Apple!