Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garya73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Delaware, USA
I get emails from Indiegogo from time to time with secret deals on items. The secret price is maybe $5 off the earlybird price.

Today I came across a great device for those who have phones without headphone jacks who want to keep using their wired headphones without tying up the lightning port.

It's simply called Jack. It is from Podo labs. Their last project called Stick and Shoot camera raised over $1M on Kickstarter.

Anyway, here is the page where you can get yourself one (or more).

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...eless-jack-by-podo-labs-bluetooth-audio--5/#/

Some other neat features. You can sync two and listen to the same music on two different sets of headphones (share your music with your SO or a friend). Wirelessly transmit to things like bluetooth car stereos and speaker systems. Hook a Jack to your television and another to your wired headphones (or use your bluetooth headphones without a second jack) and listen to your television through your headphones without disturbing others.

For some setups you will need a male to male stereo adapter. They will give you a free one just for sharing Jack on Facebook and then filling out the claim form.

1 Jack is $29, 2 are $49. There are choices in colors. White/Gold, Black/Gunmetal and Navy Blue/Gold.

1 Jack and one set of earbuds plus a carrying case is $49, set of two is $89.

I am in no way affiliated with Podo Labs, Kickstarter or Indiegogo. I just thought this was an awesome little piece of hardware that could benefit those who have newer phones without jacks who like their wired headphones.

Estimated Ship Date is July 2017. Prices are in USD and do not include shipping. I just ordered one and the shipping was $5. I don't know if that is a flat rate or increases with buying more than one.

Last edited:

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
There is no reason for wired sound quality to be better than wireless. Digital is digital, wired or not. The only difference would be a result of differing compression algorithms, and that will be less of a "thing" as wireless data speeds continue to increase.

Reactions: macdragonfl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.