For those with the phone already: is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Sep 20, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm not gonna buy one, just wanted to know if there's actually a noticeable difference between the 5 and 5S

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

What exactly so you expect from mostly geeks who lined up in front of stores to buy one, or from new users with their brand new toy? :rolleyes:

3. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

It's hard to say right now as I haven't played with it a ton. My apps are being downloaded to the S right now. I do LOVE the touch ID and not having to swipe to unlock.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Then why ask?
    Well this, sort of. I mean, no one is going to fess up to not being impressed with their new shiny toy.

5. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Gives me a general idea of what to expect for the 6
    If it's only like a second or two faster I might not even bother with the 6, but if its butter smooth and apps are using the phones hardware to the fullest then I might even consider buying out my current Verizon contract and switching to AT&T, which expires anyway next September lol

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Worth's always highly subjective. "Is it worth it?" isn't the important question as it will obviously be worth it to some and not worth it to others.

"Why is it worth it?" is the important question so you can compare to your specific needs/wants.

Always include details like this in your OP when asking such questions. Clarify what makes it worth it (or not) to you. Don't just assume that your notion of worth is universal. For some the worth is in the fact that it's just the latest, for example.

7. kalex macrumors 65816

8. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

The apple haters will soon make a hate post.

9. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Useless Poster Alert...

10. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I just looked this morning and I can actually update my 5 for $89 and I still don't think I'm going to do it. My 5 is worth $310 on Gazelle and I qualify for an update for $399. There's a couple of things that's stopping me. First off, I unlocked my 5 via ebay at the beginning of the year and I don't think I'd be able to do that with a 5S. And probably the main reason would be that I just don't think the improvements on this phone are going to matter on a day to day basis for me. I'm happy with the camera now and I don't lock my iPhone so there's no real motivating reason for me to get one.

11. Macalway macrumors 68000

Well, I can get a 5s for $199 and on the same day sell my 5 for $350, thereby making $150 dollars and receiving a nice new toy ( that I don't really need, I guess)

So, like I'm NOT going to want to do this ? :D

12. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

he says while making a post that contributes nothing