Forced to restore from jailbroken 4.3.1 to 4.3.3. Any harm in rejailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by inTIMidation, Jul 15, 2011.

1. inTIMidation macrumors newbie

Long story short, I had to restore my jailbroken 4.3.1 phone. When restoring, I got error 3194 which doesn't allow you to restore. The fixes I found on the internet didn't work, and after hours of frustration and uncertainty, I had to upgrade to 4.3.3. I was able to restore my backup though, so I had my apps, contacts, texts, etc. Is it safe to jailbreak? Specifically with jailbreakme. I thought I heard in the past that jailbreaking after a restore and upgrade can be dangerous. If it is safe, I'll probably wait a bit on using jailbreakme until its more stable.

2. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol u are misinformed.
    Use redsn0w. Jailbreakme is not stable totally

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

You thought and/or heard wrong. This was never true.

Exactly how does simply waiting make software more stable? Many wines get better with age. Software doesn't. There's nothing wrong with jbme

LOL. You are misinformed, too. jailbreakme.com is fine.

4. inTIMidation thread starter macrumors newbie

Waiting=more bug fixes=more stability. I've read about people having issues with biteSMS and some keyboard hack after jailbreaking with jailbreakme. Not everything was supported.

5. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well actually I tested jbme. I faced 4-5 nagging bugs.
    One which was common on most devices I tried it on was battery drain. Maybe this was fixed later.
    Other was the nagging respring circle on springboard after every respring.
    Even saurik said it is not totally polished. Maybe it is now.

I still prefer redsn0w for 4.3.3.. it's there ever since 4.3.3 has been live and hasnot given me probs as jbme gave . :)

6. drensin macrumors newbie

JBMe nags

Well actually I tested jbme. I faced 4-5 nagging bugs.
    One which was common on most devices I tried it on was battery drain. Maybe this was fixed later. Other was the nagging respring circle on springboard after every respring. Even saurik said it is not totally polished. Maybe it is now.
    ------------

This is true. I thought I was imagining things.

If I want to rejailbreak 4.3.3 with redsn0w, do I have to do a backup (well, I will anyway), then restore to factory 4.3.3, then restore from the backup and rejailbreak with redsn0w -- or, can I just rejailbreak with redsn0w over what I have now -- after backing up, of course.

I know the former is "safer" -- I just want to know if anyone's done the latter and not regretted it because the way both jailbreak methods handle the file system might screw up everything.

thanks

7. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Restore to 4.3.3
    And then use redsn0w . Dont forget to save your blobs. 4.3.4 is live and it breaks all untethers :)

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

There's been one update to jbme since it was released, to fix the camera connection kit, which was the only thing 'not supported'. The CCK fix was also available via Cydia. biteSMS issued a fix last Wednesday. Battery drain issues are imaginary and appear after every jb when people pay unusual attention to their iDevice and use it more. Oh, and mustn't forget lag. JB always causes lag. I suppose some people feel better when they do more 'work' to jb.

9. drensin macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've never believed in the battery drain and I've done many jailbreaks. But this time it seemed so. Could be anything. No big deal.

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You didn't have your blobs saved, so you weren't able to restore to 4.3.1. Jailbreaking is safe and jailbreakme works fine, all I had was the respring circle issue. I still prefer Redsn0w.

Please use the quote button next time instead of copying and pasting text, thanks. :)