Ford ignores Trump and opens up even more to Mexico

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Apr 5, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ford-mexico-investment-idUSKCN0X21VA

The 2016 smaller cars (Fiesta, Focus) are already making the "Avoid at all costs" lists and these cars seem to have a very poor reputation, not to mention how many of their parts are already built and/or put together in Mexico, which then makes it harder to wonder why their cars are so blatantly pitiful when all those damn US regulations that would have ensured better quality and competitiveness... Ford just wants our tax money for every handout while still gutting workers and customers. Is that what Mitt Romney was letting us imply when he wanted Michigan to go bankrupt in 2012?

More cars from Toyota, Subaru, Honda, et al, seem to be made in US factories anyway - I'd rather see my tax money go to help them (who said I was against corporate welfare, subsidies, or entitlements as a general rule?)

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My Toyota Highlander, like my Ibanez RG565 (laser blue, reverse headstock) is a Dragon: MIJ.

BL.