Ford is going to change the Mustang in 2014!

1080p

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Except, in this case, I think you're better off.....

I have a 2005 convertible and I certainly like the current model but I'm not so sure about if it's going to look like that picture......:eek:
Actually. I don't really drive a Mustang. I am just trying to make a point. :D

Comment

Charadis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
Actually. I don't really drive a Mustang. I am just trying to make a point. :D
At least Ford is giving you the heads up a whole year or more ahead of time. :cool:

I have an '08 V6. Best car I've ever driven.

Comment

1080p

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
At least Ford is giving you the heads up a whole year or more ahead of time. :cool:

I have an '08 V6. Best car I've ever driven.
But... if I were truly in the market for a Mustang, I would consider holding off my purchase until the new model comes out. Not really smart to show your hand too early.

Comment

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
I'd hang onto your 2013 Mustang. I hear that Ford is going to make the 2014 model lighter and thinner by removing the trunk and glove compartment, because nobody hauls around physical stuff anymore. Also, the engine compartment willl be sealed and inaccessible. By the time the engine needs maintenance, it will be easier to sell the car on eBay and upgrade to the 2015 model.

Comment

stu.h

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/autos-new-look-mustang-due-in-2014/

---------

I just bought one! I am furious! :mad: Ford owes me big time!
Forget that, why is your username not 1440p?

----------

I'd hang onto your 2013 Mustang. I hear that Ford is going to make the 2014 model lighter and thinner by removing the trunk and glove compartment, because nobody hauls around physical stuff anymore. Also, the engine compartment willl be sealed and inaccessible. By the time the engine needs maintenance, it will be easier to sell the car on eBay and upgrade to the 2015 model.
Boot.

Comment

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Wow! If this comes in right-hand drive (anyone know?) and doesn't have the usual droll, hard-plasticed interior that American cars have, count me in.

Comment

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
I'm a writer and editor for a company with offices in the US and UK. My British colleagues and I often engage in good-natured teasing. When one of them tells me that you Brits invented the English language, I tell them that we Yanks perfected it. :D

----------

Wow! If this comes in right-hand drive (anyone know?) and doesn't have the usual droll, hard-plasticed interior that American cars have, count me in.
Yes, it will, but when you do the dollars-to-pounds conversion, you'll discover that Ford has marked it up considerably for the UK market. But you'll buy it anyway, because it will be magical.

----------

Will they make a mini version like dodge's Dart?
I sure hope so. My first car was my parents' hand-me-down 1968 Dodge Dart, so it will feed into my nostalgia.

----------

And why is this in the iPad thread?
It's called "humor." I realize, though, that the iPad is serious subject, so I apologize for my inappropriate levity.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.