Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
84fdb22e96633ef2aa3a38e08487d1da.jpg

7ca2bb1754c2d4032d903caf67ca8759.jpg

I have them both on current location.

The weather only refreshes when I open it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
If I choose my own wallpaper will it still display a weather animation over the wallpaper?
Yes. For me that was the whole point of this tweak. At the time I started using Forecast in iOS 7 it did not allow for this option.

And I suspect the Weather app is not updating because background refresh is not on. You can turn it on and toggle the Weather app to be the only one to do this if you want.

2015-11-06 20.20.17.png 2015-11-06 20.20.23.png

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Yes. For me that was the whole point of this tweak. At the time I started using Forecast in iOS 7 it did not allow for this option.

And I suspect the Weather app is not updating because background refresh is not on. You can turn it on and toggle the Weather app to be the only one to do this if you want.

View attachment 598537 View attachment 598538

Thanks for your help.

I think I will keep it install for a little bit.

I like how I can see stars twinkling and the occasional shooting star over my wallpaper.

What would be super awesome is if there was a tweak that would change the wallpaper depending on the sunset and sunrise automatically.
8f4ac2e7d6b15e498fd4fb257988f8d9.jpg

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
It's hard to see on a lighter background wallpaper. It also removed my slider on the lock screen

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
It's hard to see on a lighter background wallpaper. It also removed my slider on the lock screen
If you have the weather on the bottom left then that makes sense. Otherwise the slider text and graphic would cut right through it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Wait a minute.....how do you have weather and location in your status bar?

That's really cool.
That's StatusForecast. The problem with that tweak (it last worked as it supposed to in iOS 7) is that it's alignmnent is off and it cuts off in the wrong places.

So, you need to use Moveable9 with it to place it in the center, then add a few spaces before the actual content in StatusForecast. StatusForecast itself is a little convoluted because of how it uses codes. The other problem is that any GPS function it used to have does not work. You have to use a WOEID, which of course shows the wrong weather if you are any place other than where that WOEID is.

I'm mainly between Phoenix and Glendale and the surrounding area though so the temp difference is not usually that much. I also look at it as a way to tell Phoenix's weather if I am out of state or out of the area while Forecast (and now Weatherboard 2) gives me the local weather. Kind of annoying that it won't get the weather from the weather app anymore, but there's only so much you can do.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
That's StatusForecast. The problem with that tweak (it last worked as it supposed to in iOS 7) is that it's alignmnent is off and it cuts off in the wrong places.

So, you need to use Moveable9 with it to place it in the center, then add a few spaces before the actual content in StatusForecast. StatusForecast itself is a little convoluted because of how it uses codes. The other problem is that any GPS function it used to have does not work. You have to use a WOEID, which of course shows the wrong weather if you are any place other than where that WOEID is.

I'm mainly between Phoenix and Glendale and the surrounding area though so the temp difference is not usually that much. I also look at it as a way to tell Phoenix's weather if I am out of state or out of the area while Forecast (and now Weatherboard 2) gives me the local weather. Kind of annoying that it won't get the weather from the weather app anymore, but there's only so much you can do.

Thanks for the info. Think I'll pass.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the info. Think I'll pass.
Whatever works for you. I'm laughing at myself because I went through the same problem of adjusting StatusForecast for iOS 9 as I did earlier this year for the iOS 8 jailbreak. And I didn't realize I went through the same steps until I got done.

At the end I wanted to smack myself silly! ;)

subzero123

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Only thing driving me crazy is I can't put the weather at the bottom left AND have lock screen calendar. I need both, and it used to work with both on forecast

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Right, an idiots guide needed please... I've purchased Weatherboard and LockHTML.

How do I use LockHTML to move the widgets? Can't suss it out at all!

I've managed to get rid of the unlock slider and put a weather widget on the bottom left. But the rest of it is too much :lol:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
LockHTML just lets you put iWidgets on the lockscreen. Weatherboard 2 has got nothing to do with any weather widget you may be using and one of it's features is placing the weather forecast at the bottom left.

So, if that's what you have it's coming from Weatherboard 2 and not LockHTML and a weather widget.

In the advanced tab of LockHTML you can specify widget coordinates. The values are in pixels.

Why you would want to put another weather iWidget on the lockscreen when you have Weatherboard 2 though, I do not know.

Reactions: scouser75 and bbrks

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
LockHTML just lets you put iWidgets on the lockscreen. Weatherboard 2 has got nothing to do with any weather widget you may be using and one of it's features is placing the weather forecast at the bottom left.

So, if that's what you have it's coming from Weatherboard 2 and not LockHTML and a weather widget.

In the advanced tab of LockHTML you can specify widget coordinates. The values are in pixels.

Why you would want to put another weather iWidget on the lockscreen when you have Weatherboard 2 though, I do not know.

Thanks dude. Please bear with my silliness - I've been away from the iPhone and jailbreak scene for a long time!

So, Weatherboard in itself is a widget?

What I would ideally like is to have my own lock screen background, the Weatherboard live weather over it and also a bigger clock and weather widget at the top of the screen.

Is this possible?

Edit: this is the kind of widget I mean - look for dpls712 on the link below http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-6-t...e-your-lockscreen-springboard-widgets-68.html

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks dude. Please bear with my silliness - I've been away from the iPhone and jailbreak scene for a long time!

So, Weatherboard in itself is a widget?

What I would ideally like is to have my own lock screen background, the Weatherboard live weather over it and also a bigger clock and weather widget at the top of the screen.

Is this possible?

Edit: this is the kind of widget I mean - look for dpls712 on the link below http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-6-t...e-your-lockscreen-springboard-widgets-68.html
You can do that.

Weatherboard 2 (it's not an iWidget, by the way, it's a tweak) for the animated weather over your background with the Forecast turned off.

LockHTML to place the iWidgets you want.

This is exactly what I have done, I just use Weatherboard 2's forecast and animated weather feature and LockHTML to place a smaller clock.

You could even get away with just using LockHTML. I modified an HTC Weather iWidget once just to have LockHTML put only the animated weather on the lockscreen.

Once I found Weatherboard though, I no longer had to do that.

Reactions: scouser75

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I installed Stripe weather widget. It looks quite good - but for some reason even though I have GPS on it shows me as being in New York. But I'm on the other side over in London!

Has anyone else used stripe widget? If so what am I doing wrong?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
If you have the weather on the bottom left then that makes sense. Otherwise the slider text and graphic would cut right through it.

I changed it to center and the slider is still gone. Do you think it is conflicting with HideMe8? I have the slide to unlock customized

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.