Forget Health, Hillary is Bushed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

This article reports that Barbara Bush (grand daughter) is supporting Hillary and attended a fund raiser with Huma Abedin for Hillary.

Will all the support and endorsement from the Bush family put Hillary over the top ?

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Why is anyone surprised Obama was an extension of the Bush legacy and Clinton would just carry that onwards.

3. zin macrumors 6502

Of course, the fake liberals have no issue with the Bush family endorsing their candidate, despite deriding them as war criminals since 2004.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Because they adore her or because Everybody Hates Trump?

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Of course the fake "American" trump supporters have no issue with only dictators endorsing their candidate despite the fact the USA was founded to get away from that type of goverment

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Your reflexive responses have kicked into overdrive. The OP's source is from Britain, and no liberals have said a positive thing about it in the thread.

Shouldn't you wait until your partisan fears are actually realized before claiming that they've come true?

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I didn't know their grand daughter was part of the government and ordered bombs to be dropped

8. zin macrumors 6502

The article is filled with photographs of Barbara Bush attending the fundraiser. They're all supporting Hillary. The Bush's politics are far more in line with Hillary than Trump.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Which has nothing to do with your premature interjection that of course fake liberals would have no issue with this endorsement.

What real liberals see is a pattern of conservatives running away from Trump due to his very real personal and political deficiencies.

10. zin macrumors 6502

I'm a real liberal (believe it or not). That isn't how I see it. What I see are fake liberals and neocons flocking to a candidate that has supported and done things that real liberals despise. Go figure.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I don't think they are flocking to HRC. They are running away from Trump.

Like USA Today, which has never taken sides in a presidential race, but just last week made a negative endorsement against Trump.
    It's that quality of being unfit for the office that people, organizations and publications are responding to in unprecedented ways.

12. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I hope that Trump wins so all the fake liberals who were “antiwar” during the Bush regime, come back out of hiding because the POTUS has an ‘R’ beside their name again.

George W. Bush: Hillary Clinton is like ‘my sister-in-law’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ush-hillary-clinton-is-like-my-sister-in-law/

Former President Bush has spoken at length about his close ties to former President Bill Clinton, at times calling him his "brother from another mother."

CNN's Candy Crowley asked Bush during an interview published Friday where that leaves Hillary Clinton: "My sister-in-law!" the president responded light-heartedly.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Mostly because everybody hates Trump. Also while they may publically go after each other politicians at the highest levels have generally learned that you have to be able to be friends with the other side despite policy differences if you want to get anything done.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

A lesson that the Republicans must re-learn if we hope to much done during the Clinton Administration.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The Republican establishment still knows that, I'm not sure about the Tea Party though.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Tea party is running the show. I don't see any reason for that to change. Trump's candidacy has brought even more people out of the woodwork who would gladly topple the Republican establishment and see the Tea party prevail.

Dark political times loom ahead.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't have any issue with someone coming to their senses and voting for the more reasonable less unhinged candidate. That being said, impugning the granddaughter with the same war monger label is a bit much, don't you think?

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Hillary did,,,,:D

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't believe it. A real liberal would take issue at all the things Trump has done. You do not take any issue at all with mocking of disabled, inappropriate comments towards women, fat shaming, improper use of his charity..on and on.

If you're a liberal than either you don't like these things and aren't owning up to it, or you really are looking the other way on them.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Like impeaching trump if he wins? :D
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Would a real liberal support Hillary? :rolleyes:

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Given the two choices and that her proposals along with Bernie's input are some of the most progressive we have seen, absolutely!

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You keep making this ridiculous comment. Who is going to impeach him?

23. zin macrumors 6502

I just see the issues differently than you do. Foreign policy, regime change, trade, arming terrorists, lobbying and big money, Super PACs, etc.

I think those are the issues that are more important than calling someone fat. And you don't. And that's fine.

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Nope, that will not happen. If you manage to get Trump into office you'll have to deal with him for 4 to 8 years. Unless he drops over from a heart attack after Christie fetches him McDonalds one too many times.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    No one will and jkcerda knows it he's just tying to justify his support for Trump. Even if McMullin or Johnson manage to win one state and send it to the house I doubt that enough GOP representatives would stand up against Trump to put anyone else in office.