Forget the iPhone, the SGSII, Nexus.....It's all about the Hybrid.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanteMann, Oct 28, 2011.

1. DanteMann, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

DanteMann macrumors 6502

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

And pretty soon the next iPad will be a "Smartphone"

3. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Not bad, it's like a Tablet and Phone in one.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Nice try, but some of us will never agree.

And good lord, my Evo was too big and made my hand hurt...I sure couldn't use that thing.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm certainly not interested in carrying something that big.

6. DanteMann thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what they said about 4 inch phones. Now their common place and accepted by majority of buyers. That being said, the fact that this is a fully functioning phone is all graaaaaavy for me.

7. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

The only reason I didn't get a SGS2 a few months ago was due to it being quite large, so no way would I ever get one of these!

8. thenerdal macrumors 65816

Silly to hear complaints it is 'too big' - this is a choice for users to decide. This is a benefit of android, "choice" - so if it isn't for you, pick another phone.

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You're on an iPhone/iOS forum, thus this is what you're going to get!

10. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

This thing is a joke if it's meant to be a persons everyday phone.

11. DanteMann thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually no, Apple isn't about giving that much to its sheep. Apple knows they give as little as needed and the sheep will never bite back. "Value" is not in the Apple dictionary....or in the sheep dictionary for that matter.

12. thenerdal macrumors 65816

OP, I don't know why you posted this on a forum like this. Most people here have iPhones.

13. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

What I meant had nothing to do with Apple. It was kinda sarcasm because smartphones keep getting bigger and bigger. Soon, they will be as big as an iPad haha.

No disrespect to those who actually want a 5.3 inch phone but that is huge.

14. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You need a hobby!

15. derickdub, Oct 28, 2011

derickdub macrumors 6502

Yeah, larger phones may be for some people, but certainly not for me. Maybe if I did something as lame as watching movies on my phone? The 4/4S is the perfect size. I could care less if the screen was bigger on the iPhone, just don't increase the size of the phone itself.

Okay, I just watched the video. Those hand gestures are hilarious. Side-palm swipe for screen grab? And the one for pausing music? I hope that's a joke.

16. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I would feel like an idiot taking calls on that monster of a phone! :eek:

17. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

It is silly to hear other people's choices which do not agree with yours? Gotcha...

----------

I never get the android sheep needing to show their insecurity on an idevice forum. Are androidforums. com not entertaining nowadays for you guys?

18. xav8tor, Oct 28, 2011

xav8tor macrumors 6502a

At 280 dpi no way the screen looks as good as the Retina at 320.

19. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's funny. First it's "Duuuude, the Galaxy S II! I'm going to cum in my pants!"

Then a few weeks later...

"Duuuude, it's the Galaxy Nexus! I'm going to cum in my pants!"

Then a few weeks later...

"Duuuude, it's the Galaxy Note! I'm going to cum in my pants!"

20. derickdub macrumors 6502

He has a point. I am sure most people would much rather use a stylus to write everything. Think of how much time you would save over typing on a keyboard.

/sarcasm

21. Savor Suspended

Savor

Damn it, I just wished this was going to get released in the USA and onto AT&T. All the best Androids are heading to Verizon next month and it seems the only way I can get this phone is unlocked which will likely cost a fortune. I've adored this phone and it has remained in my TOP 3 wishlist since it was announced. My biggest worries was it using PenTile. When I was holding a demo unit of the Dell Streak which shares close to the same dimensions, I realized it might be just too bulky for my taste. Perhaps 4.3-inch or what the current HTC Sensation XE is might be my max for a size of any phone.

But if you are an artist who likes to sketch, a basketball player with huge hands, or just want to try something different and risk to go bigger, the Galaxy Note just might seem right for you. Obnoxiously BIG, but it will draw stares and attract curiosity. It harks back to our giant Palm Pilots with its stylus and brings it kicking and screaming into the 2010's decade. A throwback size. Heck, even the original Game Boy was bulkier than the Note. Plus, the Note has the expandable memory which the Galaxy Nexus lacks. When you read Engadget's review, the only real flaws on this phone is the SIZE which seems more of a preference thing since the performance is excellent. So it all depends if you can tolerate this beast's dimensions. Time to MAN UP? It is a big boy phone for big boy hands. Once you get used to the size, some may NEVER go back to anything smaller similar to "once you go black, you can never go back." This is great for people who want to kill two birds (phone + tablet) with one (giant) stone. It is for an acquired taste though.

The Shaq Daddy of all smartphones.

22. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

Use the keyboard? :rolleyes: Carry a stylus? :confused: Now where did I put that Palm Pilot...?

Since upgrading from a 3GS to a 4S I haven't had to touch the keyboard thanks to the excellent voice recognition software... ;)

23. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Am I the only one that thinks:

The damn thing is too big. WTF? Like the fact that it's thin, but not that it's as big as my fathers back pocket.

Stylus? On a phone? What is this retro Palm Pilot crap? No thanks.

How about a simple screen capture like the iphone, two buttons and bam, done.

Pause music...how about just push pause. What's this hand waving sign language stuff? Siri...what do you think? " I think it looks like a joke "

The writing on that thing would hold the name Ben and perhaps a couple other letters. Nothing more.

Oh well, it is yet another try for the other guys.

24. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Haha the funniest part is when he said "this is a quick way of adding to your calendar, then started writing.

I think he missed the keynote where Siri was introduced :)

25. T5J391 macrumors newbie