Formated my PC - Now I don't want to lose what I have on my phone through syncs HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrilyam, Nov 19, 2008.

1. mrilyam macrumors newbie

So due to corrupt system files and lots of other bs (yay windows) I had to format my harddrive and have lost everything. The only things that got saved were on my iphone, which is what I want to now transfer back over to my newly formatted harddrive.

How do I go about doing this ? I basicaly want to transfer all my photos (keep in mind they are not on the camera roll but in folders), music (keep the album cover art, genre, correct names etc if possible), my favorites, apps and my movies back to my pc, and have itunes discover all of it again so that next time I have to sync my phone doesn't get wiped (speaking of which whos brilliant idea was it over at apples to wipe your phone instead of having the phone transfer BACK data thats missing from the itunes).

2. 226896 Guest

Third-party software is your friend.

At least that's what I used to get my iPod songs back on my PC when I got the 1st gen nano. Not sure about iPhone though. Search google for iPhone to PC transfer, or something.

3. Aurial macrumors 6502

If it's jailbroken then you can just SSH into it, browse the file structure and copy what you want over to your pc. If it's not then you may want to explore this avenue, at least until you get your files recovered. I believe there's abway to do it without losing everything. I recommend you ask in the Hacks forum.

Failing that you can get your media back with a program such as tansee iPhone copy.

4. mrilyam thread starter macrumors newbie

does anyone here know if there are any apps on the appstore that I can DL, free or with a fee i dont care, that i can use to transfer files back to my pc from my iphone over the usb connection, no wifi not an option at the moment

5. Betizzle macrumors newbie

I dont know about an app you can download. And if you dont have access to the internet then this may not be much help either. But I ran into this article the other day while browsing the net and it gave a link to this program you can use to transfer files from your iphone back to your computer, so here is the link. Keep in mind I haven't used the program so I cant tell you from personal experience if it will work or not, good luck!

http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/