Former iphone folks that are now using the Galaxy S3, HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificBeach, Jul 7, 2012.

1. PacificBeach macrumors regular

Former iphone folks that are now using the Galaxy S3, Any way to use my @me account as my google account for the Galaxy S3 or do i need to setup a totally new gmail account? :eek:

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You'd probably get a better answer at androidforums or androidcentral.

But I would assume that since those @me accounts stopped being supported as of a week ago, you should probably create a gmail account anyway. I do know that with my gmail account allows me access to my google calendar, email and gdrive. You can't do any syncing or cloud storage without a gmail account in Google. Since the S3 runs Google's Android I would guess it uses all those same features???

3. bassett700, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012

bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

As someone who has bounced back and forth between Iphones and Androids for 3+ years, I recommend a gmail account (besides the fact that it's essential for an Android). Seamless integration with your S3. No experience with a "me" account but maybe you could export your contacts and import them into Gmail. I know you can from Yahoo and other email clients. When I opened a gmail account some time ago, it actually allowed my to import all emails and contacts from my older Yahoo account. Just had to grant gmail access to my Yahoo accouint.

Good luck!

4. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

Checkout the the thread below about a girls perspective on the galaxy s3. I had this problem too but there was a post in there to fix this issue. Its on page 22 or somewhere around there

5. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Nope. You need a gmail account to use all of google's online services (youtube, gmail, google docs, google contacts... etc).

Correct me if I am wrong, but i distinctly remember being able to use any email address when registering for a youtube account. This was a few years ago though.

6. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

You will need a gmail address. You don't have to use it for your mail but you'll need it for you account like cloud back-ups of contacts and such.