Former MSNBC host drops verbal hammer on Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017

Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Go to about 2:30 in the timeline.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I feel I have to say this a lot on here lately, I'm a lefty. The hosts on that YouTube channel are also lefties. So don't start firing off insults at me thinking I am from the right.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Your opinions haven't given me the impression that you're liberal.

But if it makes you feel better to call yourself one, then knock yourself out.

3. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

It's true, though. The Democrats chose the one candidate who couldn't have beaten Trump. That shows how ineffective and irrelevant the Democratic party has become.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You folks need to learn how to handle a loss.

You want a low point? I remember Michael Dukakis in a tank.

[​IMG]

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Politics is a seesaw, both sides take turns being up top and at the bottom. This time the Right is on top, it just wont stay that way. We might have to wait it out a term or two but it will change again.

6. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

I watched the clip that you referenced that began at 2:30. I almost enjoyed watching Jimmy's reaction and facial expressions more than the actual content. :D

I'm a republican, and I voted for Trump. I think he's decent, actually. That said, it doesn't bother when somebody doesn't like the same candidate that I do (Trump), long as we're able to have an objective conversation about it. I quite enjoyed the objectivity in the video that you posted, and the gentleman in the video (the guy in the featured clip; 2:30) had some good things to say. Good share.

7. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Yet paradoxically she got 3 million more votes than Trump.

8. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Irrelevant.
    She didn't get them in the places that mattered.
    Failed strategies and over confidence cost the Dems the White House.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Can you tell Trump that the election doesn't matter anymore. Because if he passes out an electoral map one more time...

10. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Well he's a ****ing idiot, so...

11. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

Places? Is USA not "united"? You mean to say some "places" matter more than other "places"? What are these places you speak of? I'm not American, genuine curiosity.

12. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Each state is allocated a number of electoral votes based on population.
    If you focus only on the larger states, as Clinton did, the other guy (Trump) can still beat you by winning more if the smaller ones. He basically beat her by winning more electoral votes.
    We don't use popular vote in the US. Never have. If we did, California and New York residents would pretty much dictate the political direction of the whole country.
    Electoral system must work pretty good since both parties complain about it when they lose, but love it when they win.

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I disagree, he should have said .... how stupid democrats/liberals had to be to fall for the propaganda against Hillary. Because that's what really happened.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Riiiiiight. That guy that talks about grabbing P and the party that can't even get itself together to vote on much of anything is somehow more relevant. :rolleyes: We as a country and possibly even as a species are doomed if that's true.

You think talking about grabbing P and where women bleed from is decent? You must have a different definition of the word. I hope you don't have any little children or grandchildren who are girls, because he certainly isn't a very good role model for the boys of this world. The girls they meet later in life won't get treated very well. And the girls may have self esteem issues.

15. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I just mentioned it because as of late I've been highly critical of establishment democrats and their desperately clinging to life support for the wrong reasons and using the wrong methods. So some think I'm just stereotypically swinging from the right. I think it's taking awhile for people to realize that people can be thoroughly disgusted with the politicians who traditionally represent their side of the isle or even have more problems with them then those on the other side of the isle.

16. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I don't think that assertion would hold up under scrutiny. Trump beat a number of Republicans for the nomination, even though most of them (his constituents in the Republican party) appear to hate him.

17. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

The right? Where?

Corporatist is not right wing.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2017 ---
    Dylan Ratigan has made several videos now. It's clear he's an intelligent guy that is seeing the system for what it is.

The DNC is not an opposition party, so they are largely useless in the current political landscape. That's why they've been largely wiped out.

A populist progressive platform is the future of American politics. Clintonian style oligarch corporatism that has taken over the DNC since the 1990's is dead.

There is a reason why Bernie would have beat Trump and is Hillary is a laughing stock.

18. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

And yet somehow they were voted in by the Right wing.

19. daflake macrumors 6502a

But we dropped more bombs than they did, how did they win the war?

20. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I've always enjoyed Dylan Ratigan rants, he's had some classic on camera meltdowns.

Here's a good one.....

21. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I'm fairly confident that if Trump lost most of the right wouldn't be shocked or upset about it and the dialogue today would be about how the Republicans let such a nutter hijack the party. Now they have to do mental gymnastics applauding the fact that the nutter is the head of the party.

I find the continued debate from the left on who really won the election astonishing and it is clearly blind partisanship. Clinton wouldn't have been good for the vast majority of the American people. Maybe you are doing fine economically but the majority of Americans weren't under Obama and certainly wouldn't be under Clinton. Quit the Trump comparisons and look at that certainty. You're wasting your energy on that dodged bullet that should be spent on cleaning up your own party. Even the establishment is slowly starting to embrace Bernie's platforms while trying to make it sound like they just came up with it themselves. It's disgustingly obvious but at least they are doing it. They know they are doomed if they don't.

22. darksithpro macrumors regular

Takes a while to undo all the damage the Democrats have done to this country.;)

23. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

Don't we now have Trumpian style oligarch corporatism? His cabinet is made up of billionaires and CEO's and they are committed to removing as many regulations on corporations as they can get away with.

24. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Trump is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Fix the problem and Trump becomes a trivia question.

25. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Interesting thread. Maybe it will help some of the Left critically examine their reaction since the election. They need an ideological identity right now rather than relying on Russia, Russia, Russia and other hysteria. And I hope they get one soon, because a stronger policy based Democratic Party is better for America.