Former Neo-Nazi Says He Killed Friends Who 'Disrespected' His New Islamic Faith

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, May 23, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

only in america do we get this level of crazy. kkk turned isis this has to be a joke right?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...es-slain-tampa_us_59234bafe4b094cdba56a250?7x

2. HEK, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

You can substitute one religion for another, but you can't take the nut out of a nut case. The common thread is that a zealot will do extreme things justified by their current idiocies.

You find this lack of critical thinking in disregard for fellow humans around the world, not just the United States. History is littered with self righteous hypocrites that think their belief is the right belief and all others must be converted or eliminated.

It's an all too common mental illness in humans. That ideologies and religions like to exploit.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I agree with your analysis but it is a strange Segway for sure.

4. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

It is one zany story, that is for sure. But I think @HEK has it right. Extremists are extremists. He just jumped from one brand of extremism to another, but the characteristics common to extremism remained.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The Neos must have forgotten about the days of yore.

6. HEK Suspended

HEK

Nothing strange about the biological infestation currently occupying the planet. As far as I can tell it is only temporary anyway and will be cleaned off during next asteroid strike.

99% of all species that ever existed on earth are extinct. No reason to assume Homo sapians will be an exception. Time has a way of making most issues shrink in relevancy. This too shall pass.

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

He jumped to a brand that teaches their extremists to kill anyone who disrespected their brand.

8. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Kind of like the crips/bloods/ms13...

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Or several white power movements.

10. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

do white power movements teach killing someone over disrespect? <clearly killing blacks don't count in this context>

11. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I'm thinking in context their race is their brand, and all races being present is seen as a form of disrespect.

12. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Well that was gloomy.

Have you considered counseling?

13. Mildredop macrumors 68020

In my opinion, following/believing in a religion is a form of mental illness.

14. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Well if there is an upside to this story, two other neo nazis are gone from the face of the earth?

Kid sounds mentally ill.

15. HEK, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Often times truth hurts. And it's only gloomy if you subscribe to the notion that Homo sapiens are somehow special. We have as much a chance as any other species. About 100 to 200 million years between asteroid strikes. Remains to be seen if we are smart enough, adaptive enough to be off planet by the next strike or able to nudge the asteroid a bit before it hits.

Course we may be too busy killing each other to get to that point. I'm just thinking outside the box. Not gloomy in the least. Can't resolve a problem if you don't recognize it in first place.
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2017 ---
    Small steps in the right direction.
    Recognizing this is another step in right direction. Their is reason to hope. I was going to say pray, but that would be silly.

16. niploteksi macrumors regular

Are you on happy pills? Or am I completely wrong when I remember you saying space exploration was useless and we were 100% doomed already? :)

17. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong about your assessment, it just seems like an odd response to a story about one skinhead killing a couple other skinheads.

It sort of reads like, "Oh, some guy shoots a couple other guys, no big deal. We'll all be extinct soon anyway".

18. HEK, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Don't ever recall saying that! If you want to get to a ELE (Extinction Level Event) asteroid and alter it's course we need space technology. Now I may have commented that our track record of thinking ahead and taking action as a species is rather dismal. But that's just going by our history.

Terraforming Mars, or interstellar travel for colonization is at minimum a 200 year prospect. From the point we as a species set that as a goal and beginning acting upon it.

With the Donald and NK fearless leader in play, we may not make it to next year. Space exploration is a worthy endeavor for multiple reasons. Sure beats the trying to kill each other as a pastime. But that's just my bias.

Now the happy pills sound like a good idea. They need to start advertising them alongside the hemroid, E.D., and arthritis meds currently inundating the cable news channels.

My doctor is sick of me asking if a medication is right for me!
    Well I tend to look at the larger scheme of things. Yes I do believe a couple of dead skin heads is of no great consequence.

It' sort of like ants talking to each other about the psycho ant that wandered in from the other nest. Just before this huge boot steps on em from above. Never expected that in their day to day lives. Yet it's a natural possibility in the ant world ignored at their own peril.

Look up and out. Good for ants and humans.

19. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's almost as if it were crazy people and not the religion that is responsible for these kinds of things...

20. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

[​IMG]

21. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

It appears to me that certain ideologies are more attractive to crazy (violent) people than others.

22. HEK Suspended

HEK

Any religion, being a collection of stories primarily from several thousand years ago meant to keep goat herders in line, lends itself to many extreme notions. Pretty much anything can be justified by anyone using these various stories.

The very idea that these reprints of reprints represent some devine revelation of a super being causes me to question the critical thinking abilities of those that promote it as well as use it as an excuse. It is without question that crazy people are responsible. The concept of religion, it's creation, followers, promoters, and zealots are of human origin. Meant to explain nature before sciencetific examination revealed true mechanisms and to keep a largely illiterate mass of people in line with fear and accept a miserable life with the fantasy that they would receive rewards in the after life. Shear utter nonsense, unsupported by facts or evidence that I began to question before reaching puberty.

23. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Organized religions are nothing more than degrees of cults.

However, unfortunately we have them, which is holding back humanity, but we have accommodate them.

There will always be the sick, extremists, who are bordering on impossible to stop.

24. niploteksi macrumors regular

Indeed you didn't say that... I had a look back in time. The Red Planet and the Flat earth discussions were entertaining.
    There are theories about a "religious gene" or a predisposition towards superstitions in the human species.

25. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

The "God Part of the brain".