Former Senator Jesse Helms Dies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/04/obit.helms/index.html

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

who gives a ****. just another old scumbag racist.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Damn, he must have been awful!! :eek:

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Oh, I don't know, maybe his family did ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

What a miserable piece of work. I'm hesitant to wish ill upon the departed, but it doesn't make me any more enamoured of his 'life's work'. It's just a shame he didn't get to see a black man be inaugurated President.

Charming.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Good riddance. The world is a better place without him. My only regret is he didn't live a few months longer to see a black person taking the oath of office

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

His career span says as much about himself as it does about the endemic racism of the south. Especially given his chronic ineptitude at bringing home the bacon. Or should I say the cracklins.

8. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Glad he's gone. This was a man full of hate. The sooner he's forgotten, the better.:)

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, with the exception of MacDawg nothing but low class being shown here. Way to go.:rolleyes:

10. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

The Gentleman, will most assuredly, be missed. He had honor all his days, and lived what he believed. Rest in Peace...

11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Just because he was a racist does not mean he isn't missed by family members who saw past that. I'm sure he did some good in the world, and meant a lot to some people. Many of us on this forum have parents or grandparents who, while racist, had other redeeming qualities where we would not wish them death.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Gentleman and honor my ass. Hell gained a new resident today.

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

That much is true. Well, let him rest in peace one way or another. We can wait a couple days before we continue dissecting his unfortunate career.

14. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I will show NO respect to a man of his character. Low class? Nothing compared to the depths of this guy's level. Do some research about him and then defend him.:mad:

15. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Like him or hate him, we can all agree that he was very controversial.

What will liberals do now?

nixon: out
    gingrich: retired
    dole: lost
    rumsfeld: out, or fired
    falwell: deceased
    bush, cheney, and condie: out in january

and mccain?...well he doesn't stand a chance, really :)

16. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

"all thing must pass"

And so it is......and so it shall be!

Out with the old, in with the new, maybe now NC won't be so blue :eek: hahahahehehehehe.......

Good riddance to a bitter, corrupt, racist and grouchy old bigot who was the epitomey of why the south is like it is.........and why his kind must be made to go away

May he now reside in turmoil, while in plain sight of all the people whom he hurt, oppressed, deceived, betrayed, lied to, and looked down upon during his entire life !

I have absolutley Ø sympathy for such a pitiful excuse of a man, if you dare call him that. What a waste of flesh & bone :(

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not defending him, just asking that some respect be shown. But you and many others just don't seem capable of that.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sorry, but he didn't earn any respect when he was alive, he's not getting it now

19. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

And I'm sure he cared about your respect so much.

Just because he was a racist does not mean he isn't missed by family members who saw more than that. I'm sure he did some good in the world, and meant a lot to some people. Many of us on this forum have parents or grandparents who, while racist, had other redeeming qualities where we would not wish them death.

20. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Are you telling us Stalin was actually a good man underneath his veneer of raping and pillaging?

Helms was an old man and old men die. Expressing relief that such a bigoted, hateful man is dead is a far cry from wishing him so.

Let's hope that NC has changed its ways. The last thing the US needs is another southerner who can't forget that they lost the war.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please! Did your grandparents influence national policy? I'm glad the POS is gone. One less a**hole in the world. Good riddance.

22. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Jesse Helms: American Garbage

23. Queso macrumors G4

You know that for sure do you? Could it not be that his family members simply ignored his hateful bigotry because he'd ingrained those opinions into them too?

If he were in my family I would have called him up on it.

24. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I'm not defending this guy. He was, overall, a bad person. All I'm doing is expressing what I think is some distasteful posting. I'm not saying you all need to be mourning his death, but a little class would be nice. I know, he didn't have class, but don't sink yourself to that level.

Are you equating a person who voted against having MLK a national holiday and someone who caused 20 million deaths? Yes, yes you are.

I agree.

But this is not relief:

25. Queso macrumors G4

Stalin once also broke the windows of his local pub. Is that the sole thing we should judge him by?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.