Former Trump Adviser Michael Flynn was Paid to Advise Russian Firms

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Mar 16, 2017.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Oops. Emoluments Clause violation.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...rity-adviser-was-paid-to-advise-russian-firms

And before someone cries "fake news," a picture paints a thousand words. From a picture in December 2015:

[​IMG]

Flynn in the center left, middle, Putin in the center-right. So it looks like somebody owes back some money.

BL.

2. zin macrumors 6502

Old news. Here's a video from July 2016 of him admitting to the paid speaking engagement. If he hasn't been locked up by now, he likely hasn't broken any laws.

On an unrelated note, I wasn't aware that Jill Stein was also a Russian agent.

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

It would explain some of Jill Stein. OOooohhh! :eek: I feel a new conspiracy theory coming on!

I wouldn't feel to confident about Flynn. Since he's suddenly decided to lawyer up, it might be because he's worried about the possibility of being locked up.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Jill Stein wasn't an advisor to the president of the united states.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

So I guess Jill Stein should go to jail as well? She was a presidential,candidate as well.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There's a difference between being at the table of Putin at a world conference and being at the table of Putin in his office.

7. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

FTA:

Was she a government or military official, whether active or retired?

Looking over her career, you will find that answer to be "no." In fact, you will find that she has never held any public office, causing her to have never run afoul of the Emoluments Clause of the US Constitution.

BL.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

What gifts or payments did he receive?

Disregard.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Let me put this into terms maybe some of you can understand:

When I was an executive with a manufacturing firm, I would frequently meet with people from both suppliers and customers. But I never accepted money or other compensation from those people. No matter how much they wanted our business or wanted our products - it would have been wrong, morally, ethically, and legally, for me to receive payment for that relationship.

My compensation was tied to how well our company did. Not with how well our suppliers or customers were doing.

That's what is wrong with Michael Flynn.

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

According to the link NPR seems to have some shady connections to Russia as well. We better shut down NPR and throw all NPR board members in jail.

11. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

:confused: Not the best deflection I've ever seen.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's not a deflection at all. Throw Flynn in jail. I don't care. It if Russia is so bad and anything tied to Russia has to go then according to this article we need to dismantle NPR. Or is it only the Trump ties to Russia that is bad? As SoS Hillary Clinton authorized 25% of the worlds uranium mines to be mined by Russia. That's fine. NPR has ties to the Russian security firm. No biggie. Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi have dined with and received gifts from Russia. Perfectly fine.

I love lefty double standards. I just love them.

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Please link to where Pelosi and Schumer have received gifts from the Russian government.

14. JayMysterio, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017

JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

1. I wouldn't jump to the 'lefty' labelling so quick, sort of undermines any attempts to look even handed or objective.
    2. RT, the company that Flynn was being paid by, is a Russian funded television network. Known as a Russian government propaganda tool. NPR has one underwriter a subsidiary of Kaspersky. One of many underwriters they are forced to use, and will use more if the proposed budget goes through.
    3. You really need to let that tired piece of Trump spun BS about Clinton & Uranium go. http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...r-claim-donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-ga/
    4. Going by your own words, 45 intentionally hired a man who admitted he worked for an agency of a foreign gov't. That's some pretty crappy vetting, plain incompetence, or intentional.
    5. Sorry, I forgot the most direct issue. As pointed out earlier, he's not allowed to receive money from a foreign government without consent from Congress.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Let me look for you. It may take a bit but I'm on the case.

16. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Next time you make an accusation please be ready with proof.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oooh...looks like a phrase he used might be coming back to haunt him......"lock him up!"

Lock him up
    Lock him up
    Lock him up

:D Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. Karma baby...karma.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Scandal incoming.....

Rachel Maddow aptly points out that another scandal is brewing, as soon as today.

1. If Michael Flynn was listened to illegally, scandal!

2. If security agencies don't respond to congress, scandal!

3. If he was legitimately under investigation for these payments and the Trump campaign knew it, why was he made security adviser of all things? Scandal!

4. If Flynn did something illegal, scandal.

No matter what happens here...scandal!

Maddow is long winded, so just watch the last few minutes from the 18 minute mark:

19. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

It's called alternative facts....... duh.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Remember guys, Trump "hires the best people" but his administration claims (without realizing how ****ing asinine it is) that they just didn't know!

21. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Extreme vetting! :D

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Turkey paid him too. :mad:

Flynn stopped military plan Turkey opposed – after being paid as its agent

WASHINGTON
    One of the Trump administration’s first decisions about the fight against the Islamic State was made by Michael Flynn weeks before he was fired – and it conformed to the wishes of Turkey, whose interests, unbeknownst to anyone in Washington, he’d been paid more than $500,000 to represent.

The decision came 10 days before Donald Trump had been sworn in as president, in a conversation with President Barack Obama’s national security adviser, Susan Rice, who had explained the Pentagon’s plan to retake the Islamic State’s de facto capital of Raqqa with Syrian Kurdish forces whom the Pentagon considered the U.S.’s most effective military partners. Obama’s national security team had decided to ask for Trump’s sign-off, since the plan would all but certainly be executed after Trump had become president.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well they got the gift of Trump taking down the GOP.