Fort Lauderdale (Galleria Mall)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Tonyfsu21, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Tonyfsu21 macrumors newbie

Anyone know where and at what time the line forms @ the galleria mall for the iPhone 4 on launch day? I'm planning on heading over around 6am

2. Jacobsonsm macrumors newbie

Hey Tony, I have a reservation for an iPhone 4.0. I was over at the Galleria Apple store in Lauderdale yesterday to buy something, and I spoke to a few of their employees. They said the lines should be forming at MALL ENTRANCE LIME PARKING LEVEL 2.

3. Mfear macrumors member

4. Tonyfsu21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx for the info! I'm going to head into the store in a few minutes to get a better idea of their plans for people with "reservations". I will report back with any new info.

5. dnabb macrumors newbie

Walk in (no reservation)

Just called. No walk in sales till 10am but they advise to come in at 7:30am. They have no idea whether they will have phones available for walk in sales. Sounds like an endeavor only for someone with time to waist.

6. Tonyfsu21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I talked to the manager and he explained a process similar to jacobsonsm. I am unsure about this 10:30 am " no walk in" talk. I was told to start forming a line at the 2nd floor "lime" enterance and when questioned about the garage access I was informed by the manager it was up to mall security as to what time they will start letting a line form in the garage. On another note, Dnabb it would be "waste" NOT "waist". I'm thinking if you have a reservation then it's best to show up between 6-7am, and if you don't have a ressie, I'm thinking your really screwed unless u wanna slip the security guard some cash to get into the garage to camp out.

7. dnabb macrumors newbie

Important yellow tangent

Anyone worried about the yellow screen issue? I would be pissed if I waited in line 5 hours and then got a faulty phone. You will have to return it within 14 days if you want a new replacement, but when is that going to arrive??? Between the botched presale and the bad press from early adopters, I am wondering what is up with apple these days.

8. Tonyfsu21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will take my chances, the alternatives are total garbage! There really is nothing that matches Apple in terms of hardware/software integration. Those affected with the screen issue will be dealt with after Apple gets through this crazy ass launch period. Are you really gonna let a small botch in an otherwise amazing display curb you from a purchase? Thats just stupid, ITS UNDER WARRANTY AND ITS GONNA GET FIXED EVENTUALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Mfear macrumors member

that line was insane..i left. goin' back later.

10. dnabb macrumors newbie

Anyone score an iPhone 4 at the Galleria?

I did not have the time of patience to wait in line all night...that being said, how bad was the line? Did you get a phone? How was the activation process?

11. Mfear macrumors member

hundreds of people..i left. going back later since i have a reservation

12. chacinelias macrumors newbie

Any News?

I'm about to head up there to get my iPhone (I have a reservation) and wanted to know if there's still hundreds of people in line...

If you're in line or already have your iPhone, please let the rest of us know how they're doing in the Galleria Apple Store.

13. Mfear macrumors member

14. dnabb macrumors newbie

Tomorrow (6/25/10)

Anyone know what the situation will be like tomorrow at the Galleria? Im guessing its insane over there...you cant even complete a call to the store (phone is off the hook).

15. OrtegaJ macrumors newbie

is anyone on the priority list here or have gotten a iPhone off the priority list. I am trying to gauge how long it will take to get mine from this apple store.