Forum News: 'Hardware' and 'Software' Changes...

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The forms have been rearranaged. The original Hardware Rumors and Software Rumors have been changed to Hardware Discussion and Software Discussion.

The reason is that the MacRumors.com News Discussion forum tends to handle the major rumors and supplies discussion for those.

As a result, the hardware and software rumor forums have gotten little real use and end up either being areas for speculation or for unreleated hardware/sw discussion.

Now, all Mac Hardware and Software discussions should go into these forums. New rumors/speculation may also get placed in these forums.

Apple Inc Rumors forum has been eliminated.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
brilliant!!!

so i wasnt worng when i noted that.

good move arn. i think i t will make your job easier with less rule breaking and newbie's lives easier when it comes to posting in the right palce.

good move and, thankyou arn.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I'm not so sure about that. Whenever a site is modified, the word "newbies" tends to appear more often than normal. :D

Regardless, there will still be people posting in the wrong section, but it doesn't mean there should be no enforcement on the rules of the forums.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
ofcourse.

but it makes it easier. there was no discussion about hardware allowed before. alot of newbies especially believed that all hardware things went in here.

oh well. i still believe that this was a good change.

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
thx. that also answered my other q, regarding whether that forum was solely for tech questions like, "this window keeps coming up.." :D

Riko19

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2003
Warrington UK
what really sux is the idea of taking off the avatars for newbies like me, remember most of you were one of us just looking around sites. i have a busy life and dont post 10000s of posts in rooms.

:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.