Forwarding a voice mail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, May 30, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I am on verizon. If I wanted to forward a voice mail from my iPhone to someone else on verizon how do you do it? On my other phones it was easy.

thanks

2. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? Anyone else agree this cannot be done?

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I can't make any specific recommendations, but you can possibly find that function in a third-party app.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Apparently Visual Voice Mail uses a different back-end system.

Even if you dial *86 from your phone and use the old automated system to listen to your voicemail, the option to forward it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

5. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

It is not a huge deal for me, but I was left an business message that was quite worth forwarding and could not. :(

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

...or VM service. I can forward VM from GV but that probably won't help the OP.

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I realize that this is cumbersome, but if you need to keep a voice message for any reason, on a Mac, you can use PhoneView, save the message and forward it as an e-mail. Certainly not what the OP had in mind, but at least there IS a way to (sort of) do it.

8. Papa Smurff macrumors newbie

You can't? What kind of an answer is that? Can't is not in Papa Smuff's vocabulary...
    Here's what I did: I picked up a different phone, called the voice mail of the person I wanted to forward the message to, left my comments, and played the message in speaker mode from my I- phone into the receiver of the other phone.
    Don't over complicate things, smurfs!