Forwarding Exchange to Gmail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3bs, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I have a college email that I want on my phone but it forces me to set a password which I don't want. I now have it forwarding mail to my gmail but is there a way to decrease the interval between each time it checks for mail on my college email? I don't see any setting for this. Can I have my college exchange email push mail to my gmail which will then push to my phone?

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You need to clarify how you're forwarding. If you're truly forwarding then there's no interval to adjust. The Exchange server forwards mail as it is received. If you're using the gmail mail fetcher to pull email from the Exchange account then you have no control over the pull intervals.

Nope. If you want push you have to use ActiveSync. If you use ActiveSync you're subject to the security policy (password). If you can set up forwarding on the Exchange side then there really shouldn't be any delay but most Exchange environments that are concerned about security tend to disable forwarding.

3. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'm using "check mail using POP3". I don't see an option on exchange to forward my mail so I guess I'm stuck waiting for my emails or setting a password?