Forwarding iPhone to iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarestud940, Aug 8, 2013.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Hey guys! This may be a repost, I did a search and didn't find anything. Do you know if it is possible to forward phone calls from your iPhone, to your iPad? If you are on the same Wi-Fi network?

Didn't know if this is possible. I ask because when I'm home, I tend to put my iPhone upstairs charging before I go out again. And then I normally take my iPad and use that while I'm home, for iMessages, email, and web surfing. I find it very annoying that when my phone rings, I need to go upstairs to get it.

Is this possible?

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

No, how would an iPad accept a cellular based call? It's also really unfortunate that you only have one outlet in your house.

3. jer04 macrumors regular

jer04

It's something I wish apple could implant into mac osx and iOS like iMessage, but unfortunately at this stage there is no such feature. You can't even get SMS forwarded to other apple devices, not to mention calls.

4. chabig macrumors 68040

Get a Google Voice number and an App called Talkatone on the iPad. It makes your iPad into a phone, and then you can forward calls to your iPad.

The downside is that calls you make from the iPad will show your Google Voice number as the caller ID.

http://www.talkatone.com

5. chabig macrumors 68040

Yes you can. Read my post above yours.

6. E.Lizardo macrumors 65816

7. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

The OP said:

"Do you know if it is possible to forward phone calls from your iPhone, to your iPad? If you are on the same Wi-Fi network?"

The article said:

"You can even forward your number to a Skype or Google Voice number if you’d rather accept inbound calls on a VOIP provider, whether that’s on another iOS device or a computer."

8. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the post. Really helped.

9. pcunite macrumors member

I wish there was something I could plug into my iPhone (or install an app) that would forwarded everything to the iPad. This way I have a larger surface when at home for surfing, txt'ing, and calling. This way my data and history stay on the phone.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Probably not as much as an extension cord would.