Found a dent on the top of my MBP...will AppleCare still cover my OTHER issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omizzle, Aug 1, 2010.

1. omizzle macrumors regular

I have been planning on taking my MBP to the Apple store once I move back up to school (I am home for the summer).

I have been having a variety of problems with my MBP well before the dent was made (accidentally dropped the power brick on the computer 2 days ago).

For example

computer will randomly beachball for 10+ seconds at a time (force quit does nothing)

Headphones will deactivate and sound will begin coming out of my speakers if the headphones are moved incorrectly (still completely plugged in though)

Computer will sometimes get hot to the touch (esp. when it beachball freezes)

I have a red stuck pixel on my screen (about 1-2 in. from the dent)

The freezing and pixel I have had since I got my MBP last September. But at school I cannot afford to be without a computer, even if only for a few days, so I had to wait until now to take it to the Apple Store.

When I take my MBP to AppleCare, they aren't going to blame it all on the tiny dent that I have on the top are they?

Also, how long is the turnaround time usually for a MBP 15"? It isnt the current revision, but the one before.

I am slightly freaking out right now

Will Apple take care of me?

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

They're not THAT much of sticklers. If there it was a GIANT dent, they'd bring it up. But a slight dent on the top? Hardly worth noticing. My guess is they'd say nothing. They probably won't even see it, and even if they did, they're not going to care about something THAT insignificant.

Turnaround time at an Apple Store (or really ANY store, for that matter) usually depends on how busy they are. Average is probably 5-7 business days.

Hope this helps :)

3. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

You officially have OCD.

Go to the doctor and get some adderalls.