Found a "hidden" feature?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by calviin, Nov 9, 2011.

1. calviin macrumors regular

When you pull down notifications, you can swipe the weather box and it'll give you a six day forecase. Unfortunately, I still can't get it to update my position (even with location services turned on) without going into the Weather app and check the weather in my area. But a cool feature nonetheless.

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

It is indeed a cool feature however, to answer the question posed in your thread title, it has been previously reported numerous times throughout this forum.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

As to location, when in the Weather app, if you tap the "i" at the bottom right, do you have "Local Weather" turned on and your home location in the location list? I set both of these and I get my local weather.

4. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I understand that you put "hidden" in quotes, but I was expecting something a bit more... obscure, or Easter Egg. I did this within a couple of minutes of upgrading to iOS 5, and assumed others would do the same. Apple doesn't try to hide these features, they do their best to make them obvious by using consistent UI elements and gestures whenever possible.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

6. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

There is a question mark at the end of his thread title. Meaning he was asking if this was a hidden feature. Geez, you guys are brutal!

7. calviin thread starter macrumors regular

In my defense, I did try looking to see if this was found already as I didn't think it was that obvious of a feature. If there was a button or something then yea, that'd be pretty stupid. I'll be sure to keep whatever stuff I find in the future to myself ok? And thanks deeddawg, that solved it.

8. WilliamG macrumors 604

To be fair, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the tip. :)

9. moargolems macrumors regular

Great find! Another cool hidden feature is that if you open up the Phone app, write in a number and then tap Call, it will call that number.

10. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

It's like walking on egg shells to post anything in this forum lately. Thanks for trying. :)

11. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain