found a nick on my white iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Its annoying me to hell, I have found 1 definite nick (another possible) on the side bezel of my iphone 5. It is white, has anyone had difficulty in getting it replaced because its white.

I feel like if I went in after work (I dont have the box with me, would this cause an issue) I would be laughed at because it seems so finnicky.

2. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Picture of the damage.

3. Liljusepy macrumors newbie

Why is there a new thread for each one of these complaints? Can't you just add yours to the pile in the damaged iPhone thread?

4. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

They were for black ones. I have a white one and therefore less apparrent and I cant take a pic of it as I only have my iphone 5 :p

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Depends how they handle the return. If they make you actually return in, then you would need the box. If they just swap it, then no.

6. CruiseToGo macrumors member

Where was this nick located? I received my white 32 GB on Fri and noticed a small nick on the silver banding on the right side about a quarter of the way down from the top.

I am not going to do anything about it, since so far everything else seems to be working fine with mine. I use a case that covers it up pretty much too.

7. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I have my charger and earpods just not the box.

Its on the curve shiny bit between the glass and the bezel, right near the power button.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Why not just keep it? Is it really that noticeable. A tiny nick. Maybe you did it yourself. I'd be ashamed to walk into an Apple store and request an exchange for a tiny nick.

9. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

[​IMG]

Like this but a bit smaller and obviously on the white model

----------

If it had been like two weeks then yeah I wouldn't of but seeing as I just got in on saturday and it was sat on a desk just installing apps/charging. I am annoyed.

10. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

Yeah I'd totally kick you out of the store if you brought that in.

11. XrAdEr macrumors member

meh, my black one came with 2 dents. Didn't want to bother swapping it in since it's covered by apple care plus so i'll just swap it in a year or so. Is yours covered by ac+?

12. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Nope. Look I love the phone and apple so this isn't a negative thread. I am thinking though if it was black I would of definetly gone back but because its white it might seem less significant.

13. lookn4wifi macrumors regular

lookn4wifi

Won't waiting year invoke a $49 deductible?

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

We should do a thread for each of the capacities as well.

15. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

It's just a phone. Get over it. :\ Who really cares if you have a teeny "nick" on your phone?

16. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

$400. Would you say the same if it was a tv?

17. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Racist

18. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

Yes. I'd say the same thing if it were my car. **** happens. Yes I paid money for it, but bfd. The only one that cares about it, is you (in general). I have far better things to worry about, than a nick, a ding, or any other "damage" to my phone, car, TV, anything. So what. I'm not made of money, I just don't care that much. I take care of my things, but I'm not about to cry or complain when something happens to it.

19. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

haha ok if you say so, I have booked a genius appointment. I am annoyed about it and yes I know how its a first world problem but considering I pay $400 upfront and more over the course of the contract so I want it to be flawless out the box. Before you ask I didn't open it up at the store where I got a reservation.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I wish Nick would appear on my iPhone. Sheesh!

21. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

ok so you buy a car and it rolls up with a dint in it, youre going to say you wouldn't say anything at all? :rolleyes:

22. iBought macrumors member

I am amazed people are this upset over nicks on their phones. It is amazing. You spend $400 and act like it is a $65,000 car. Threads like this are the perfect example of First World Problems. Who has this much free time to go stand in line all day just to get a new phone with no nicks in it?

Everytime I log in someone makes a thread about their nicks. My phone is hopefully coming 10/5 and I will just be happy to have mine. Maybe ill put a microscopic nick in it just out of pure joy for having such a sweet device in my life.

23. BENJMNS macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

24. Still100 macrumors regular

Im thinking of getting applecare. They won't swap it for 2 dents, will they?

25. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If the nick or dent were the same size as the ones I see in these threads, I would not care.