found a nick on my white iphone 5

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Its annoying me to hell, I have found 1 definite nick (another possible) on the side bezel of my iphone 5. It is white, has anyone had difficulty in getting it replaced because its white.

I feel like if I went in after work (I dont have the box with me, would this cause an issue) I would be laughed at because it seems so finnicky.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Its annoying me to hell, I have found 1 definite nick (another possible) on the side bezel of my iphone 5. It is white, has anyone had difficulty in getting it replaced because its white.

I feel like if I went in after work (I dont have the box with me, would this cause an issue) I would be laughed at because it seems so finnicky.
Picture of the damage.

Liljusepy

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Why is there a new thread for each one of these complaints? Can't you just add yours to the pile in the damaged iPhone thread?

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Why is there a new thread for each one of these complaints? Can't you just add yours to the pile in the damaged iPhone thread?
They were for black ones. I have a white one and therefore less apparrent and I cant take a pic of it as I only have my iphone 5 :p

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

Depends how they handle the return. If they make you actually return in, then you would need the box. If they just swap it, then no.

CruiseToGo

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012

Where was this nick located? I received my white 32 GB on Fri and noticed a small nick on the silver banding on the right side about a quarter of the way down from the top.

I am not going to do anything about it, since so far everything else seems to be working fine with mine. I use a case that covers it up pretty much too.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Where was this nick located? I received my white 32 GB on Fri and noticed a small nick on the silver banding on the right side about a quarter of the way down from the top.

I am not going to do anything about it, since so far everything else seems to be working fine with mine. I use a case that covers it up pretty much too.
I have my charger and earpods just not the box.

Its on the curve shiny bit between the glass and the bezel, right near the power button.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010

Why not just keep it? Is it really that noticeable. A tiny nick. Maybe you did it yourself. I'd be ashamed to walk into an Apple store and request an exchange for a tiny nick.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007

Like this but a bit smaller and obviously on the white model

----------

Why not just keep it? Is it really that noticeable. A tiny nick. Maybe you did it yourself. I'd be ashamed to walk into an Apple store and request an exchange for a tiny nick.
If it had been like two weeks then yeah I wouldn't of but seeing as I just got in on saturday and it was sat on a desk just installing apps/charging. I am annoyed.

XrAdEr

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Under your bed
meh, my black one came with 2 dents. Didn't want to bother swapping it in since it's covered by apple care plus so i'll just swap it in a year or so. Is yours covered by ac+?

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
meh, my black one came with 2 dents. Didn't want to bother swapping it in since it's covered by apple care plus so i'll just swap it in a year or so. Is yours covered by ac+?
Nope. Look I love the phone and apple so this isn't a negative thread. I am thinking though if it was black I would of definetly gone back but because its white it might seem less significant.

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Won't waiting year invoke a $49 deductible?

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

Racist

Ishimaru

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Los Angeles
$400. Would you say the same if it was a tv?
Yes. I'd say the same thing if it were my car. **** happens. Yes I paid money for it, but bfd. The only one that cares about it, is you (in general). I have far better things to worry about, than a nick, a ding, or any other "damage" to my phone, car, TV, anything. So what. I'm not made of money, I just don't care that much. I take care of my things, but I'm not about to cry or complain when something happens to it.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007

haha ok if you say so, I have booked a genius appointment. I am annoyed about it and yes I know how its a first world problem but considering I pay $400 upfront and more over the course of the contract so I want it to be flawless out the box. Before you ask I didn't open it up at the store where I got a reservation.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Yes. I'd say the same thing if it were my car. **** happens. Yes I paid money for it, but bfd. The only one that cares about it, is you (in general). I have far better things to worry about, than a nick, a ding, or any other "damage" to my phone, car, TV, anything. So what. I'm not made of money, I just don't care that much. I take care of my things, but I'm not about to cry or complain when something happens to it.
ok so you buy a car and it rolls up with a dint in it, youre going to say you wouldn't say anything at all? :rolleyes:

iBought

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
I am amazed people are this upset over nicks on their phones. It is amazing. You spend $400 and act like it is a $65,000 car. Threads like this are the perfect example of First World Problems. Who has this much free time to go stand in line all day just to get a new phone with no nicks in it?

Everytime I log in someone makes a thread about their nicks. My phone is hopefully coming 10/5 and I will just be happy to have mine. Maybe ill put a microscopic nick in it just out of pure joy for having such a sweet device in my life.

Still100

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2011
Im thinking of getting applecare. They won't swap it for 2 dents, will they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.