Found a Really Cool iPhone 6 Plus Stand for my Desk...Made In America Too!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Inframan, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Inframan, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

I thought I would share this with you guys, Ive been using Yosemite incombonation with my 6 Plus and I love not having to answer my phone anymore while working at home from my phone.

So I set out on a hunt to find a cool and good quality stand and I found a company here in California that makes these metal stands. They are made from heavy 16 or 18 gauge steel stands and its tilted back at a 147 degree angle, and our tablet stands at a 135 degree angle.

They come in many colors, sizes and their only $8.75 & 3 bucks for shipping which not bad considering their made in America. I'll snap some photos of my 6 plus when it arrives!

Link & Pics.
    If you click view more items in this guys Ebay store you will see all the other cool stuff he machines and sells for phones, tablets etc.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281294833800?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

UPDATE Oct 9, 2014

I removed the stock photos and added my own photos using my iPhone 6 Plus with and without the Apple Silicone Case. This stand is amazing, the craftsmanship that went into this stand is unreal for a $9 dollar stand. The powder coating is perfect, the edges feel great and its a heavy sturdy stand, the angles are great and the packing when it shipped to me was unreal, i swear this company doesn't make any money, they even sent me a small bag of skittles candy and a thank you card.

Whoever is making these stands restored my faith in the meaning of "Made in America" again....Trust me guys, you will love this stand 10000 Times more that any stand you are going to buy from China. its 9 bucks plus 4 dollars for shipping and there are tons of vibrant colors to match anyones taste!
    Here are my pics!

2. burntice macrumors member

i like it, but shipping is now 11.35 which makes it a bit expensive to me. I am considering these which has a larger foot print but they are 10.00 shipped.

http://amzn.com/B00D856NOG

3. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Thanks

Will consider this!

4. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the post- it looks really thin- do you think it would break easily? I mean, if it sits on your desk, there should be no worries, but just in case, you know?

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Metal stand that covers the entire back will likely degrade signal. It will be covering the antennas.

6. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Thanks for the info on this stand. Just ordered one after looking at the alternatives. I prefer something that doesn't stand almost straight up, since I will have it in front of my monitor and it would obstruct the view.

I found out in checkout that they actually offer USPS shipping for only $3.04 (for me, anyway), which made the total price under $12 shipped.

7. MiRod407 macrumors member

8. Dex4788 macrumors member

My favorite is the JAS Mini:

[​IMG]

The construction and finish is unparalleled, and it's functionality ranges from portability (can fold flat and fit inside pocket) to desktop use (fits a device as big as an iPad Mini).

9. Che Castro macrumors 603

10. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Same here, looks like they made the ups option first by default.

11. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

NEW PHOTOS ADDED THURSDAY OCT 9, 2014 -
    SCROLL UP TOP TO SEE THEM

Correct, shipping was only $4 dollars. This stand is well worth it, beyond my expectations.

12. arliu macrumors regular

How do you charge it when it's on the stand? Upside down?

13. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Dude,
    It's a business card stand.
    No need for the 50 pictures!

<JK>

;)

14. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

I usually charge it by my bedside the night before and then in the morning when i go to my office is where i use the stand, but yes, if i need to use the lightning cable then i turn it upside down. This works really well for me because Ive been using Yosemite for a couple months now and the answering and making calls from my Macs through my iPhone has been a huge conveyance for me.

15. CoyoteRidge, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014

CoyoteRidge macrumors member

A chimp could make a simple stand like that. Your standards are much too low Pal.

16. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

17. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

18. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Oh, I think it looks nice enough -- especially with the phone actually in it. I got the silver version today and I'm quite happy with it. As I mentioned above, I don't like the ones that have the phone sitting up higher or at a sharper angle, so this was perfect for me. And the price was right.