Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
Quick question. As long as I submit a warranty claim (box is on its way) before the warranty expires, I am still covered right? I submitted a display issue claim on 4/17 to have it sent out. The box comes in tomorrow 4/20, also the last day of warranty. Technically, since I submitted the claim before the warranty expires, I shouldn't have to pay anything right?

Thanks in advance.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Fully covered they will give you a new one at the Apple store in 5 minutes. They did for me.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Only other country besides China with an open Apple Store is S. Korea, haha
[automerge]1587327882[/automerge]

uptempos

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
well i dont think its being sent to a store. Its the online option where you send it in for repair (or swap for a refurb?) im not sure. Fingers crossed though. Hoping someone experienced somethign similar with a close end date of their warranty.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
well i dont think its being sent to a store. Its the online option where you send it in for repair (or swap for a refurb?) im not sure. Fingers crossed though. Hoping someone experienced somethign similar with a close end date of their warranty.

You'll be fine. Your iPad is going to an Apple repair depot where they will likely replace it with a refurbished or new unit. As long as you submitted the claim before AC expired, Apple will honor it.

GIBBI

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2018
I had dust under my Pro and did an express exchange, the new one is perfect, should be the same thing like a dead pixel. :)

GIBBI

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2018
@cyberone No, just one speck of dust under the screen. You can see it in the attached pictures.

IMG_6192.jpg IMG_6201.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.