Found Feature: Blank Home Screen Page

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I realized this morning that iOS6 allows for a blank page on the home screen. I used to do this using a black icon with a mostly black wallpaper or by jailbreaking. Just thought some might like this as a way to see their wallpaper better or keep the home screen clean.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I realized this morning that iOS6 allows for a blank page on the home screen. I used to do this using a black icon with a mostly black wallpaper or by jailbreaking. Just thought some might like this as a way to see their wallpaper better or keep the home screen clean.
So this is an iOS 6 feature and not an iPhone feature?:rolleyes:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
To obtain this you simply move all the icons from the home page/first page to the second, and so forth?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
To obtain this you simply move all the icons from the home page/first page to the second, and so forth?
Yes. I had only a top row on my first page and the rest of my apps/folders on the second. I decided to move them all to the second page and the first page stayed blank.

----------

So this is an iOS 6 feature and not an iPhone feature?:rolleyes:
Not sure. I haven't checked it on my iPad yet.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I did this on iOS 5 last week and it worked also. After a few minutes (perhaps sleeping the phone) it deleted the empty page. :( Maybe I'll give it another shot.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
It worked on the old versions of iOS too. It doesn't stay after a reboot though and tended to make my phone run funny sometimes. It's nice but not when your phone freezes up.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I hope that this isn't a "bug". It's nice being able to see a whole picture that isn't hidden by an icon.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Awesome find. I use to do it on prior ios's but after a respring or reset they always reverted back to default. Not any more and hopefully it stays like that! Thank you for the find;)