Found out a bit of interesting news regarding pre orders at ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TeamDNA, Jun 12, 2010.

1. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

unlike last year when you pre order iphone 4 it will be sent to your house NOT the ATT store you pre ordered from. A guy at ATT told me this. I didnt believe him so i called 611 and they told me the same thing.. so I guess it doesnt matter where you pre oder from because its going to go to your house

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm pretty sure we will know 100% the 15th! I can wait a couple days to find out. heck I didn't think I was gonna get one till November! :D I don't trust AT&T reps much I have trust issues! :p

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Wow, you found the information that was announced on June 7, great find.

Just to help you, here is the Press Release info:

Preordering

Consumers may preorder iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS 8GB at AT&T retail stores or online at www.att.com/iphone beginning June 15. Business customers can preorder through their AT&T sales representative or by visiting AT&T’s Premier site. For greater convenience and faster delivery, preorders can be shipped directly to a customer’s home or business for delivery as early as June 24. Customers can also have a preorder shipped to their local AT&T store for pick up on or after Friday, June 25.

AT&T stores will operate on a first-come, first-served basis, and will accommodate as many customers as possible.​

source: http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=18004&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=30863&mapcode=consumer|Wireless

Oh, it has been posted here lots and lots and lots of times....:eek:

Dave

4. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

So if you go into an AT&T retail store on the 15th and preorder, they won't let you pick it up on the 24th? You have to either have it shipped to your home or pick it up the day after on the 25th?

5. trssho macrumors 6502

That is big news! I assumed that pick-up would be the 24th at the ATT retail stores. The 25th might be a misprint.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if you preorder, will they keep the same terms of your current contract but just lock you in 2 years? i don't want them to accidently kick me off my unlimited data

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Correct.

No, it's not a typo. I confirmed this with AT&T on Facebook. They answer questions quickly, you can even ask yourself.

The only way to PREORDER and pick up on LAUNCH DAY is at the Apple store.

8. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

No when you pre-order you are going to have to agree to a new two-service commitment and it will have the new Terms and that includes the new $325 ETF. You can pick any of the valid voice rate plans.

You will also be able to select your existing Unlimited data plan during the pre-order process, it will be there with the new plans, please choose with care.

Only exception / difference would be for those on the original iPhone $20 data plan, you will not be able to keep that one but you will be able to select the $30 iPhone Unlimited data plan and add any SMS Txt plan :D

Dave

9. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

Which is what I will be doing

10. LinMac macrumors 65816

Thank you for posting this thread. I had no idea that would be how it worked this year. :D