Found some refurbed 8gig's but im skeptical of Apple should I?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dorfdad, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

My local AT&T has some refurbed 8gigs for 249.99. Im really on the fence about getting one right now as I know the rumors are around that soon we will be getting the 3G probably with 16 and 32 gigs of space standard.

So my question is apple dropping these as a firesale and in two weeks im screwed? I guess I could resell it on ebay? is that even possible for the phones as they are attached to my account.

Basically is it worth getting one right now for a few months and than reslleing it for 150.00 or something twords a new phone?

Thanks in advance..

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Even if they did come out with new ones that phone would still go for over $200 easy, maybe over 250. If not more (ebay people are INSANE). I'd do it if I were you, but that's just me...

3. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Go for it, I did. Figure when the 3G version comes out you could sell it for a good premium, especially if you go about unlocking it. The TMobile crowd will still probably pay a premium as I don't believe they will have 3G yet. I know they don't right now.

4. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the info guys think im going to do this today! They have a bunch in stock around here, I should probably buy 2 and put one on ebay unlocked to help pay for this one? :)

Now if someone could point me to a list of must have apps for the iphone.

5. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I'd wait if I were you.

6. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

please explain?

7. karlwig macrumors 6502

Why must you sell your phone when a new one comes out? It's not like it becomes worse just because there is another model. I'd get one, and I would wait probably a year before worrying about that. That's me though, I think EDGE and 3G are too expensive anyway, and I'll be fine killing time with music and video until I find a free and fast wireless network.

8. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all I got one today a refurbed 8gig for 249.99 so now on to learning about it :) is there a place that has applications I might want to try/buy?

Non Jailbreak legal stuff?

9. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

Just webApps for now, No " Non Jailbreak legal stuff" until June :cool:

10. Hoo03 macrumors regular

I just activated mine about an hour ago. Just like you, I purchased mine from AT&T refurb and am glad that I took a chance.

Now I just need a lot of time to play with this thing...

11. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

Man...I wish I could get one of these refurbs...anyone on the east coast willing to send me one for a little bit of dough. I say little because the reason I want a refurb is a don't have a lot of money to begin with...:rolleyes:

just wishful thinking