Four Year loyal sprint blackberry customer left for the iphone4...Best Move Eva!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alag28, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

First i just want to say that the iphone 4 *********G rocks!!! The versatility, productivity, and fun factor is so much greater than the blackberry. Ripping the wrapper off the iphone box then opening the box was such an exciting moment.The way i handled the iphone was similar to like when the delivery person hands over the newborn to the father. At first, i was scared to smudge any of the glass construction and especially touching the screen (but theres a temp screen protector lol) The quality and build of the phone is noticed instantly just by looking at it and then of course holding it. Im so love!

I've been with sprint for a good amount of time, about 4 years, and personally i thought their service was beyond satisfactory. The price i was paying (employee price) and the coverage in my area was nothing to whine about at all. In all, owning the curve and the blackberry tour was a good experience

*********************************BUT*******************************

Sorry to say but the blackberry dosent compare to the iphone 4 IMO. Theres so much to do and with great ease. Its so user friendly and the retina display is so crispy crisp spic span clear. I've had the phone for 3 days now and i havent experienced no drop calls, prox sensor problems, nothing (knock on wood). All this said with the latest 4.1 iOS.

Not to mention, 2000 mins, unlimted texting and free nights w/ 2gb data for 50 bucks +tax is the cherry on top.

I am one happy iphone customer.

What are some free must have apps i should get.? im still on the learning curve getting down all the features of the phone so gimmie all your tips and tricks.

2. pujols617 macrumors member

pujols617

Sounds very similar to the plan i have haha. Where do you work?

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking

3. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yeah....wait till you drop a handful of calls and let us know how you feel ...lol
    I agree that the iPhone is miles better than a BB but AT&T with the iP4.....NOT!

4. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

the shack :)

5. bibbz macrumors regular

bibbz

I'm gonna guess RadioShack...

6. bibbz macrumors regular

bibbz

SOB, damnit!

Anyways, i knew it. :D

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That depends on his areas coverage.
    Your experience might not be the same as his or other AT&T customers maybe.

8. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha good guess

yea as far as coverage, im always getting good signal strength with moments of 2 bars only.:cool:

9. Markisss88 macrumors regular

Markisss88

damn thats a good deal,i would definitely take that offer up.

10. solius macrumors regular

yeah i agree i only ever get call problems on game days when there is an extra 100k on the local network. Otherwise I have perfect calls every time. Nothing but good things to say about AT&T

11. pujols617 macrumors member

pujols617

Ah okay, I'm in that big blue company that no one knows about :D

12. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Don't generalize. Just because you get poor service with AT&T does not automatically mean that everyone else does too.
    I get excellent reception with my iPhone on AT&T unless I'm in a location that physically prohibits it, like the basement classrooms of my university.
    YMMV.

13. aleni macrumors 68020

ah after years of whining in this forum. this should make day to see such happy side in you.

14. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

*yawn

We already know how amazingly amazing the iPhone is. Welcome to the addiction.

15. rumors3074 macrumors newbie

16. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I had a blackberry for the last few years, and freaking loved it... until I got the iPhone 4. It kills my old blackberry in almost every way (except maybe email functionality, but meh the iPhone handles it fine).

17. Savor Suspended

Savor

You should check out the S60 section in Howard Forums. There is a thread about once diehard Nokia fanatics (usually Apple haters) jumping the Symbian ship and absolutely loving Android. I used to check that section because my first smartphone was a Symbian, and those are some fanatics when it came to Nokia smartphones a few years ago who are now Android converts. I just shake my head and smile because I saw alot of that smooth UI experiences with iOS a couple years ago. Those Nokians were just too damn stubborn to make the switch sooner and are just barely enjoying it now with Android. When you jump from an old school Symbian to Android or BlackBerry to iOS, it is almost a "religious experience" to a newbie. To us early adopters, it is like same old, same old.

I have to admit, Sprint does have some nice phones and affordable plans. I haven't been with them in over four years. I have no interest with CDMA anymore even though call quality can sound like a landline. I just travel alot more and like to switch around with SIM cards to stick with AT&T or T-Mobile prepaid.

Wait until you jailbreak an iPhone the first time and customize it like crazy. That's when the fun really starts...