Fourth iPhone replacement has problems. I can't win.

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
My fourth replacement iPhone 5 is now giving me high temp warnings after normal use and charging. It's cold outside and I still get it despite no heat coming from the phone itself! Restores do nothing. :(

I can't win! The Apple "geniuses" must think I'm insane!

KenAFSPC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2012
My fourth replacement iPhone 5 is now giving me high temp warnings after normal use and charging. It's cold outside and I still get it despite no heat coming from the phone itself! Restores do nothing. :(

I can't win! The Apple "geniuses" must think I'm insane!
Do you get these warnings without the Otterbox Communter case that you have on your IP5? That could be the culprit.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
After my workout at the gym I always hit the dry sauna for one last sweat. It's 160-170 in there and I sit for 10 minutes.

My i5 never gives me a heat warning unless I stay longer than 10 minutes. If you're getting one in normal use, something is obviously wrong.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Surprisingly the otterbox was not on it! Should I replace for the fifth time?
Absolutely, if you're still not satisfied. Heat issues are no joke. I hope that you're documenting the exchanges (date, reason, location, SR of defective unit, replacement SR, etc.) and that the Apple Store is doing the same. Do you have more than one Apple Store to choose from? Maybe product shipments are allocated differently between them.

My unit was flawless right out of the box and you should continue to expect the same results ultimately. Good luck & press on! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.