Fox blaintly Lies again about Sarah palin book crowd Signings

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Nov 18, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

One could have stopped at: blatantly lies again.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Anybody wanna tell us again how Fox is a genuine news network, and how they're no worse than real news networks like CNN et. al.? :rolleyes:

Please don't forget to remind us how much higher Fox's ratings are. Because, ya know, that's what determines news credibility. :p

5. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Cant look at it now is it a video of the final Harry Potter book release :D

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You guys realize these people can't see what video is being shown right? Its fairly obvious that these are from her campaign, I doubt she would need a teleprompter for a book signing.

A book signing isn't news anyways, nothing to see here.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I agree 100% on this one, you could hear in the awkwardness of his voice. That to me tells me he was staring at something unexpected, hence why he so harshly transitioned to talking about Hannity.

Non story.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I might like to point out before the bashing of fox goes on is you might want to threw CNN under the bus for this crap as well.
    When CNN brought up Sarah Palin still drawing huge crowds they showed film from the campaign trail as well.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I actually listened today in the background to see if Fox had turned drastically screwy since I had last seen it, up until Beck they had some decent coverage with quite a few dems on to talk about the bill.

Beck came on and it was a shitfest per usual, the last thing I saw was major (I think thats actually his name) doing an interview with Obama, pretty professionally done if I say myself.

Worth a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XfUGCfLk8

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That is just campaign stock footage, what is the uproar about?

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Fox is not a news network, they are a opinionated network with x goal. BTW, there methods of trolling others is best described with this image:

Attached Files:

12. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I hope Palin's popularity, even though she quit her political office, grows to the point she's the candidate in 2012. This will guarantee that somebody intelligent like our current President gets a second term.

The person with the GOP who genuinely scares me is Bobby Jindal, because he comes across on TV as smart, efficient, and cooperative. He appears to have it all together. Instead, he's even a bigger right winger than Palin.

13. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

they were pointing out campain footage as saying that was people at book crowd signings.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It was obviously a video mixup, as NT1440 pointed out it didn't look like he knew what the hell was going on, stuttered, and then changed topics.

You guys don't give much room for error on live TV.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Gonna have to agree with you there Zombie

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This would be a reasonable explanation if the vast majority of fox's mistakes weren't in favour of a single political party.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not true. Studios always have monitors that the anchors can see.

Exactly.

Perhaps it's even true that Jarrett was taken by surprise by the footage, but he probably almost certainly didn't edit it. That means that someone else deliberately selected it. Jarrett may be off the hook for this one, but Fox isn't.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

FAUX has a rather long and sordid history of this, and for some reason the mistakes are something like 95%-5% in favor of one particular party. Can you guess which one?

Sure, this could have been an honest mistake. But given the history of this propaganda organization, and it's proclivity toward one party over the other, one has to be suspicious.

Besides, I heard Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990, and wouldn't it be irresponsible not to speculate about something like that?

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

All news does this, they don't have actual footage of the book signing so they take random stock footage from somewhere else. That was obvious campaign footage and Fox News as well as all the other agencies do it. They would rather use stock images rather then nothing. This is really fishing for something that isn't an issue.

And do you really think the talking heads pick the footage, they just read the prompter and hope some b roll appears.

20. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

The #1 Cable News Outlet in ratings and viewership... I sense envy...

Care to validate that smear with any sort of proof? Anything at all beyond leftist liberal allegation?

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- all news does not do this. All news does not make "mistakes" to favor one political party or POV.

Looked it up! That was awesomely hilarious! Beck is a douchebag.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That B roll wasn't a mistake, I guarantee they didn't have book signing footage so they said well just run some stock b roll. I don't see a issue here.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Thats because there isn't one, everyone would rather concentrate on what fox news is doing instead of the fact that dems still can't get a health care bill (and a crappy one at that) passed.