Fox Fires Sarah Palin (again)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jun 24, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Pity. If they kept her under contract, she couldn't appear on other networks, and there would be less chance of us having to see her.

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

If you don't watch cable news, you won't see her.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nobody tosses a word salad better than the grifter of the north.

6. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

The lamestream leebuhrul media.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I wonder if even this would cause her to bash fox news? but I am sure she will toss her salad over it.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not that they already didn't, but if they hire her again, would Fox not fit Einstein's definition of insanity?

BL.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sure, why not. They already fit everyone else's definition of insanity.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Wow, toss her own salad? That would take a lot of flexibility.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You betcha!

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Wouldn't it be great if America can be a dictatorship like a Venezuela and North Korea and just shut down any adverse opinion? I'd like our news outlets to think and write like a united block of thought and be obligated to convey whatever they are instructed by the government.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh look, another non sequitur from San Marcos.

14. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Don't vorry, comrade!

Ve vill ban all symbols of "hate." The Confederate flag vas first and next will be the regular American flag!

/I wonder if they'll ban commie and nazi symbol sales as wel

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

Would you not love that to be the case? Admit it. You're aroused by the prospect that I raised.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I see you've taken a leaf from the Rush Limbaugh briefing book. Which would ordinarily be good for a few laughs. But its worth examining this sort of rhetoric a little closer.

First, we need to appreciate the fact that the Confederate flag is not, in any legal, First Amendment sense "banned" anywhere. There is no legislation anywhere that would criminalize the private, or even public display of this symbol of racial oppression and treason. You may paint the Stars and Bars on the roof of your Hyundai Sonata to your heart's content. Historical re-enactors in the fields of Virginia and Bayous of Louisiana can proudly hoist the Stars and Bars atop their butternut ranks.

Secondly,you need to appreciate that the legislation and executive actions of the past week have a) all been aimed at removing the Confederate flag from State property, flags, and monuments and b) this action has been taken by primarily Conservative, Republican legislators. Its not Nancy Pelosi and Michael Moore tearing down the Confederate flag: Its Nicky Haley and Robert Bentley.

True, you won't be able to buy original-paintjob Dukes of Hazzard trinkets at Wal-Mart and Target. But that decision was taken by free-market business executives on the basis that continuing to do so would alienate and offend a goodly portion of their customers.

The Confederate Flag has been a symbol of hatred, division, oppression, treason and injustice for more than a century and a half. Its way past its sell-by date in social, economic, and political terms. Consign it to the museum of our tragic racial past, and move on.

17. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

I missed the part where anyone said they'd like a dictatorship.

18. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Not if ones head is already up ones @ss.